Professor Layton and the last specter problem

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Terri, Jan 8, 2012.

Jan 8, 2012
  1. Terri
    OP

Newcomer Terri Newbie

Germany
    hi there :)

So, starting right of with my hardware:
    Nintendo DSi
    M3 DS Simply card
    using a San Disk 2GB MicroSD card and alternatively an undescribed card.

Software:
    San Disk Card - M3 DS SImply Firmware
    undescribed card - R4 Revolution Firmware

I downloaded the german rom and put it on the card right away. Clicked on the symbol of Prof. Layton and it asked me to make a new save file. Of course, I need one.
    This thing to be done, it boots the rom.... a white screen appears on both screens and nothing more happens.

Any advice? :)

Greetings,
    Terri

2. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    The best advice is to use Wood R4 as both the firmwares you're currently using are so far out of date it's ridiculous. You can find info on how to download and install it over here http://gbatemp.net/t...firmwares-v142/ M3 Simply and any R4 type clones should be able to use some version of Wood R4. I believe it's also possible to use RetroGameFan's updates(DSTT firmware) which I believe is YSMENU, located here: http://gbatemp.net/t...pdatesreleases/,I use RGF's updates to run WoodYS on my M3Real and the page I linked to says R4 and M3 simply cards can run that firmware. RGF's updates are more often while Wood R4's are more spaced out and sporadic. If you want to always be up to date then use RGF's otherwise Wood R4 still gets updated and is a very good option.

Also, how is it even possible that you're using an M3 Simply on a DSi? I was quite sure that none of the pre-DSi cards even ran on a DSi.

3. Terri
    OP

Newcomer Terri Newbie

Germany
    Awesome, thanks for your help! I tried the R4 software and it works fine for me. :)

4. RchUncleSkeleton

United States
    Glad to help. Though I still don't understand how you're using M3 Simply with a DSi. How is this possible?

5. Terri
    OP

Newcomer Terri Newbie

Germany
    i have that smaller and rounder version of the NintendoDS. Not the fat one which was kind of edgy, the first one, the one that was released afterwards. and my m3simply works pretty well on it :)

6. RchUncleSkeleton

United States
    I see, in an earlier post you stated that you had a DSi (the one with the built in camera). Not sure if you're an english speaker or just using a translator to post in here, or perhaps it was just a typo. The first DS that came out is referred to as the DS Phat (Fat) or just "DS".

I believe you have what is known as the DS Lite.

Which looks like this:
    [​IMG]

7. Terri
    OP

Newcomer Terri Newbie

Germany
    Ah yes. Thank you very much! I missed that one in my mind.
    I already had that thought that the DSi wasn't the one I own.
    That explains everything, mine looks just like the one in the picture.
    Oh and btw: I'm not a natural English speaker - I'm from Germany. But I'm definately not using a translator :P

8. RchUncleSkeleton

United States
    Yes after reading your posts I noticed that the english was too good to be a translator, ha ha. I did notice that you were from Germany, which is why I asked about being an english speaker in the first place.