Gaming Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Punx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
were are you supposed to play downloaded games from WiFi?

you have to go to the bonuses section in the main screen, and select your save file.
Then go to the weekly puzzles menu, and then "download puzzles".
I have a problem though, while downloading, it says "connecting", then "downloading", and it stops at aroun 70%, then goes back to the weekly puzzle download menu...

I have an R4.

same prob with m3 simply
frown.gif

R4 too.. same problem. End up with no new puzzles
frown.gif

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seems I cant get the new Weekly Puzzle to download on my M3 Simply

:'(

Anyone manage to get it to work?

I did. Downloaded fine, played fine... although, I admit it, it was hard to figure it out
tongue.gif

Edit: Oh, NEW puzzle. Nope, seems I can download it, but not play it. It doesn't appear on my puzzle list.

madnutcase

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Strange it downloads to about 70% and then stops and goes back to the main screen.

Tried it with two different DS's and also with my M3 Simply and G6 Lite but they both so the same.

Any ideas anyone?

snumbers

Trophies
XP
Country
Backlash- I happened to polish off the story this morning, so I uploaded my save file. Most (110/120) of the puzzles are found and solved, and getting the extras just requires a few more pieces of furniture, gizmos and painting scraps (found by finishing the last few puzzles). The file is "Professor Layton And The Curious Village [2002](U).SAV" in the download centre; I'll probably remove it once someone puts a complete file up, but it's a sufficient placeholder.

Hope you enjoy it, but I cant say it'll be the same without the story. My only complaint about the game is that the excellent story/setting and enjoyable puzzles arent integrated better. PA got it right, as usual: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/02/13.

sueil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That said, the game doesn't really butter the player up at all; you just go from one irrelevant puzzle to the next with nothing more than a mere, "Oh that reminds me of a puzzle...try this one out."

Granted, I've only played through about 20 of the game's puzzles, but I'm not in love with it so far.

Yeah it doesn't really change. It's pretty much just a string of puzzles held loosely together by a thin plot. I loved the game though.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems I cant get the new Weekly Puzzle to download on my M3 Simply

:'(

Anyone manage to get it to work?

I did. Downloaded fine, played fine... although, I admit it, it was hard to figure it out
tongue.gif

Edit: Oh, NEW puzzle. Nope, seems I can download it, but not play it. It doesn't appear on my puzzle list.
You have to access it from the menu you use to download the puzzles.

And WiFi puzzles DO NOT work right now. It's the same for everybody in the world who owns the game, legal or not. Don't complain please. It might be fixed later.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yeah it would appear so, before the game actually released I could download the first puzzle but not it seems the servers are down or something to that effect.

osirisFIVE

Trophies
Website
www.imperfectgrandeur.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
could you guys a upload a completed save file? im not interested in the story, but the puzzles are interesting.

Honestly, I thought the selling point of this game was the story.

I mean without the story, I wouldn't have been compelled to find and complete all the puzzles.

With the Voice-overs and Full Motion Videos, easily my top 5 DS games.

I feel it's the combination of story and gameplay that make this game an insanely good DS game.

Oh yeah, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms, I NEED MORE. FRIKKIN' DEVIL'S BOX FRIKKIN' GET RELEASED IN ENGLISH.

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
At first glance, I really thought this was a game targetting a very young audience.

But as I continued on with the story and puzzles, I've become addicted.

I love the "stereotypical murder detective" storyline, and the challenging puzzles. Hell, the voices and stuff are pretty decent.

Much better than I expected. Tops my underrated list.

Mnshredder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i just got the game. So far the beginning about the golden apple sounds interesting. Hope this game is fun. From what everyone says it is
smile.gif
lets hope so

Pamela

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
click.linksynergy.com
XP
Country
United States
I just finished the game. The story was great. That was the main thing that kept me going with the game because honestly it was tedious for me to have to solve many hard puzzles that take a lot of time to figure out. For a few I had to use the walkthrough because I had NO idea. But the puzzles were good ideas though and made you interested in what the answer could be. This game is definitely not for kids, I doubt they could solve the puzzles but the storyline is for all ages.

Mnshredder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still playing it and still loving it. Is it just me or sometimes the lower point puzzles are harder than the higher ones LOL. I had a hard time with one of the 15 or 20 point ones, i just remember i had to use the hint. BUt yeah still so far so good. I have to def agree with many of you though that the story is what keeps me playing. Sometimes i find it funny how you click on random things and a puzzle appears and Layton says oh that reminds me of a puzzle (i didnt see that one coming hahaha).

xboxrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me this is one game where everybody's opinion seems right...
1. Yes the story is weak, BUT it still keeps me interested
2. Yes the puzzles are hard, but that's what is making it fun
3. The look, feel, and sounds are great - everyone agrees it seems
4. Not for young kids, or even for 10 and under I'd say yes to that

Like someone before me this might be my first ever completed DS game (not that I'm even close right now).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's very sad and a poignant example of why preservation is so important.