Production Costs Of a DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by -=ZeldaFan=-, Jul 30, 2007.

1. -=ZeldaFan=-
    OP

-=ZeldaFan=- Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2007
    does any one of how much it actually cost to make a DS/DSL
    just wondering because im sending mine back to Nintendo and for a fee of £25.25
    I get a brand new one and a new warranty.WTF.

2. Darkforce

Darkforce DERP!

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2002
    UK
    I don't know, but in the US the DS Lite retails for around $130 (£64). Supposing the retailer makes (at a guess) $15 and Nintendo make (at a guess) $25 per unit, for example, it would put the DS at $90 (£44) to manufacture, which doesn't sound too unreasonable to suggest, maybe even a tad less. I would suspect it costs them more than £25.25 to manufacture (and ship) a DS at least.

Also I presume they do something with the DS'es that get returned, (it'd be a shame if they were just thrown away!) but I've never seen refurbs up for sale over here, though I just noticed EBgames are selling refurbished units, which may be from Nintendo?

My DS Lite has just gone out of warranty last month and it has a cracked hinge, I forgot to send it back in time lol >_>;, so I don't know whether to send it back to Nintendo and fork up the cash for a new machine, buy a shock case for £20, or be a cheap ass and use a soldering iron to repair the crack manually (I don't know if this would be an effective solution but someone on the forum suggested it!). Hmm... [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice