Gaming Producer of Splatoon - "Voice Chat Isn't Needed to Communicate Strategy"

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I know we've been through this already but the delusional producer of Splatoon once again keeps on defending his backwards mentality.

QTHfkdc.jpg
"In terms of communication in games in general, there are two main types: communication about strategy, and communication about feelings you have while playing at that moment. When that point is applied to this game, one interesting aspect of Splatoon is that the actions you take shooting ink can immediately be seen in the stage you're playing by yourself and other players, and conversely when you see the actions other players are taking shooting ink, it's something you can interpret immediately and then base your next actions on that and judging what that means. That's an important part of the gameplay in Splatoon.
"In designing the game, we paid special attention to allowing the gameplay to cover a lot of ground for that kind of strategic communication. However we definitely understand the importance players put on that other type of communication that's more feelings-based.​
"And so because we understand that desire for players to have that kind of emotional communication, we can imagine players using some way or another to achieve that extra layer of communication while playing the game."​
Source: Gamnesia

Well, really what's the other way of communicating? Writing on the walls "Do as you're supposed to or we're going to lose!" before that someone would've already cum'd you, anyway. lol

If Nintendo really wants to step up their game with the next home console of theirs then they need to improve a whole lot their primitive online services and its hardware.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay, that last quoted sentence doesn't make any sense. If they had just stuck to "you don't need voice comm because you can literally see what's going on at all times", it would have made...well, not a perfect case, but at least it'd be a reasonable explanation.

But I really can't but read that last sentence as "we know people want voice chat but we're not providing it". I don't even get what he's hinting at. Should people playing splatoon with friends just call each other over cell phone or something? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Margen67

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, that last quoted sentence doesn't make any sense. If they had just stuck to "you don't need voice comm because you can literally see what's going on at all times", it would have made...well, not a perfect case, but at least it'd be a reasonable explanation.

But I really can't but read that last sentence as "we know people want voice chat but we're not providing it". I don't even get what he's hinting at. Should people playing splatoon with friends just call each other over cell phone or something? :rolleyes:

I read that last sentence as "We are not going to include the voice chat, never. BUT we are curious to see what the players will come up with to communicate among themselves, because we know they are going to buy it anyway."

Can´t say he´s wrong, I´m probably one that will buy it, voice chat or no, and try to communicate someway.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In related news "introduction to PR disaster mitigation" sales at all time high thanks to computer game industry.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As far as it's known it is possible to talk in private matches but it's missing in public matches, and really what's the other way of communicating?

Where have you heard that you can chat in private matches??? Not that this is even relevant to me as I personally don't know a single friend who owns a wii u....

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Could've sworn that some GBATemp users said it was possible but according to Google searches that's not really the case.

Nintendo fanboys elsewhere keep saying 'use Skype like everyone else on your smartphone' well jeez, I thought the Wii U could handle Skype but it's been beaten by a phone. lol

B3DDO3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand Nintendo they have some brilliant ideas, but there's an always lingering thought that they also aren't going to implement it well due to they're stupid thoughts.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no need for voice chat. It's crap anyway with kids yelling to their mom, mofo's shouting in foreign languages or crap music in background & etc,...

Pip'
I would love to be able to chat with my friends without having to sit next to a laptop. :glare:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: