Homebrew RELEASE ProdInfoEnabler - Enable and disable the writing of your ProdInfo from your switch.

darkxex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Updated for 9.1.0
------------
Hello friends, I bring you this application that is used to enable and disable the writing of the prodinfo, with a single button.
This is for Atmosphere CFW.
thanks to Benfah for the sysmodule used.

68694834-aadb9680-0558-11ea-8ecc-d2d173d59801.jpg

Download Here:
https://github.com/darkxex/prodinfoenabler/releases

and remember Blawar is my shepherd; there is nothing I lack.

Last edited by darkxex,

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing. No need to use kips or sysmodules to do the same thing anymore. This will be much more simpler for people looking at blawars incognito.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Amazing, this will help a lot of people with getting incognito running without using outdated kips.

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
Do we know if there are any negative tradeoff's to permanantly disabling prodinfo writing? Going off faulty memory here, but I thought at some point this disabling of writing specific info to prodinfo was implemented in CFWs for a "safer" experience?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Do we know if there are any negative tradeoff's to permanantly disabling prodinfo writing? Going off faulty memory here, but I thought at some point this disabling of writing specific info to prodinfo was implemented in CFWs for a "safer" experience?
It's is semi-safer. It's not as safe but it's better than nothing. If it's just for Incognito it's better just to use Incognito_RCM since it's CFW independent.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think you meant to say permanently enabling.
Yes, there have been cases where malicious homebrew intentionally wiped PRODINFO (as that is the only known type of softbrick that is not recoverable without a backup) and that's why that feature was added to Atmosphere. So if you like installing sketchy nsps you should not have it permanently enabled and there is no reason you would want to either.

Reactions: iriez

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that you left debug code in your release. Pretty cool to see in the wild since that stuff usually gets stripped before release. Anyway, this seems like a useful and straightforward utility. Nicely done!

Reactions: iriez

MADokax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I dont knwo what ProdInfo does, can someone explain me pleaseee, and should I disable this if I only use checkpoint on sysnand? I run Atmosphere only to inject some saves, then I run OFW and I go online
I have been like this for 4 days, I´m going to be banned!? I´m doing nothing wrong ;; I buy games and everythiing

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont knwo what ProdInfo does, can someone explain me pleaseee, and should I disable this if I only use checkpoint on sysnand? I run Atmosphere only to inject some saves, then I run OFW and I go online
I have been like this for 4 days, I´m going to be banned!? I´m doing nothing wrong ;; I buy games and everythiing
prodinfo (also called cal0) is a big blob that contains a bunch of console unique calibration information and certificates. Allowing writes to it is not a good idea, and the only thing it allows is for brickers to be able to brick your console.

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
prodinfo (also called cal0) is a big blob that contains a bunch of console unique calibration information and certificates. Allowing writes to it is not a good idea, and the only thing it allows is for brickers to be able to brick your console.
And it allows for Incognito to work (but there is a RCM version of that so this is a bit pointless now)

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
Any one have prodinfo back after he delete with any program in pc or nintendo switch for help meny people...

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was wondering since incodino leaves the battery serial number in view couldn't Nintendo match the console serial with the battery once u put it back for online

So shouldn't the battery serial be zero out as well?

Reactions: dcnigma

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Im not understand you sory

The point of zero ur console serial is to make ur switch a unknown switch to protect its ID. But the battery serial can still be view and recorded by Nintendo. So if that switch goes back online with console serial they can group it with battery serial.

As a way to id a hacked switch since a switch with same battery serial number would be the same switch since the battery doesn’t change frequently

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
Oky and what can i do now i have meny things help me to fix this broblume you can tell me the steps thanks bro

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The swich is now open i can teak photo with the thing to see... For help or add whatsapp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands