"Procedural road trip" adventure title 'Road 96' launches next month

road 96.jpg

Today, indie French studio DigixArt revealed the launch date of its upcoming "procedural road trip" title Road 96. The game is said to offer players an ever-evolving story-driven adventure inspired by Tarantino, The Coen Brothers, and Bong Joon-ho. A new trailer was released for today's announcement:

Road 96 is a procedural narrative game with survival elements in which players must escape a country ruled by an authoritarian regime that's on the brink of collapse.
Discover atypical protagonists in a declining world through your path to the border, thousands of miles away in the mountains.

Road 96 will launch this August 16th on Nintendo Switch, Steam, GOG and Epic game store for 19.96 USD | EUR. It will be also available as part of the Hitchhiker bundle, which includes the OST featuring 9 artists and an original Game eBook key stories from 10 years before the events happening in the game, for 29.91 USD | EUR.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't say I expected this sort of game to become the indy genre of choice.
I mean I don't object and would rather this than "small child in scary dark world" for the 5000th time. Smashing papers please/this war of mine into the long drive (or maybe Beware, Jalopy) and a dose of Neocab as well as Death Road to Canada... I can see it.

Reactions: DS1 and Prans

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: test what?