Problems with Wad Manager

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MarkStevens, Jun 16, 2009.

Jun 16, 2009
  1. MarkStevens
    OP

Newcomer MarkStevens Newbie

United States
    Trying to run WM from the Homebrew Channel on my softmodded wii (4.0u, as described here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/773505). When I select the SD card slot as the source, Wad Manager returns error -1 every time. I have a directory named wad with the .wads I want to install on the root of my SD card. What am I doing wrong?

2. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    Try calling it Wads
    or use a different SD card.

3. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I...don't think naming it wads would help... do you mean you just made a wad folder and put the actual .wad files on the root? I'm assuming you actually meant the wad folder has the .wad files inside the folder and the folder is on the root(which is how it should be), but it doesn't hurt to make sure.

And is this in that step after downgrading IOS35 and loading wad manager to install IOS35? Is your sd card formatted to FAT? If it's NTSC or something you need to reformat that and put the stuff back on it properly. But you were able to run the IOS35 downgrader through bannerbomb with it? Hmm...then that's probably not the problem. Well alternatively you could run the hackmii installer through bannerbomb to install the HBC (and bootmii while you're at it.) and then try running the rest of the things through the hbc instead.

4. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    SD cards do not support NTFS.

5. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Well then that's clearly not the problem then. Something is probably just not put on the card correctly then I guess...more info on everything that's on the card and how would help.