Problems with WAD installations.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Speedstick, May 31, 2010.

1. Speedstick
    OP

Speedstick Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2010
    United States
    Hello all, I have had this problem a long time and I have never been able to fix it. First my Wii:

4.1U
    I used Pimp my Wii to install all IOS/cIOS, etc.
    HBC and all homebrew apps and emulators run perfectly fine. GC and Wii backups work fine as well.

The problem comes when trying to install a WAD. Most recently, I have used WAD Manager 1.7. I get the same message no matter the WAD: ERROR: ret=-1022

According to the documentation, this error means I have already installed the WAD. Even if it is the first time I have ever tried installing it, or even after uninstalling and trying to reinstall it gives me this error message. I have tried VC games, injected roms and WiiWare titles to no avail.

Curiously, once I was frustrated and tried installing a WAD at least a dozen times in a row. It actually worked after a while (it was Super Mario Bros. 2J). I have since tried to replicate this with other WADs, but have been unable to. I use IOS 249 to install the WADs.

Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. C.S.I.

C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Mar 8, 2010
    Down under
    What type of WAD are you trying to install.

And is SuperMario2 available via a WAD. Is it Wiiware orsomething?

What Version cIOS 249 you have ?

And if you have Trucha Patched IOS36, try using that to install the WADs.

Also, you cannot 'downgrade' an IOS using a WAD manager, must delete the old 1st. (Never do that to a IOS below 200)

3. Speedstick
    OP

Speedstick Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2010
    United States
    I have tried VC and WiiWare WADs to no avail. I tried using IOS36 and it gave me the same error message.

My IOS249 is Rev 14.

4. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    not true, cIOS249 can do that

and the new version patch in MMM v13.2 or TBR v1.12 installs an IOS36 that can also do that

@OP, use MMM v13.2 to install a patched IOS36, then use that IOS to install your wads, and see if that makes a difference

if it doesn't work after that, then I suspect u may have some bad wads or something

5. Speedstick
    OP

Speedstick Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2010
    United States
    Alright, I did what you said and tried to install MMM/IOS36, IOS36 was installed and patched. First, I tried Mega Man 10. It failed and gave me the same error it always has. I tried a second time and it worked. Trying to replicate this again, I tried several more VC and WiiWare titles. None of them worked.

I have no idea what the problem could be. Why would only Mega Man 10 work, and why would it only work the second time? The other WADs I tried were confirmed as working for other people.