Emasesnepo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi there everyone.
I've recently updated my IOSes using Pimp My Wii 1.32. I used the default settings (Trucha etc..) for all the IOS with the exception of IOS35, which I did not Truncha patch so that my Homebrew Channel would remain functional.

However, now when I launch USBLoaderGX from the Homebrew Channel - I get a brief (a second or less) error message on screen before being taken to crash dump. It appears that the error message says something about loading IOS236 - that that it is not found. I think it then attempts to load 36 before the crash/dump screen but I can't make out much more then that. I'm not exactly sure what is wrong, but I've attempted to use the Hermes cIOS 222 rev4 installer to install the cIOS again, but whilst the installer appears to work USBLoaderGX still will not load.

How can I get USBLoaderGX working again?

Here is any other information that I think might be relevant, sorry if I'm a little verbose. As I said I'm not exactly sure what is wrong, so I'm not sure what would be useful =P.
  • Homebrew Channel = v1.0.6 on IOS35 (v13.21)
  • UsbLoaderGX is 1.0 r866. Launching from the homebrew channel gives the brief error message. Launching from the loader/forwarder takes me directly to the crash/dump screen, although I suspect that is due to the loader/forwarder logo masking the error message.
  • As stated above, I used Pimp My Wii 1.32 with all the recommended installation settings, with the exception of IOS35 which I did not trucha patch - as I've read Homebrew channel does not like it.
  • I'm loading directly to a small fat partition on a USB HDD for homebrew/apps, with the rest of the disc being a WBFS partition for my backups.
I have Preloader 0.3 installed, and a NAND backup from back when I first modded the Wii last year safely stashed away on here. Preloader loads fine - however it gives an error when trying to load the Homebrew Channel from within in (saying it's not found). I've got a SD card ready if I need to launch any apps from it or (ick!) resore my NAND to fix this problem. It's using IOS60.

Sorry again if I've given too much unneeded detail, or failed to give detail where it's actually needed. And thank you in advance for your help everyone =3

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Grab a Copy of DOP-Mii (v12), and run that, get a list of your IOSs from it.

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/dop-ios

Maybe you still have Stubs at 222/223, and 249/250.

I know nothing about 'Pimp My wii'.

Else, you could try and follow the Complete Softmod Guide, but then if you blindy ran some script via pimp my wii, then you have no idea whats really been done to your Wii, so other things might brick it.

Good Luck.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew Channel doesn't use IOS35. Uses 60 or 61, I forget which. Just go to the About section and it'll tell you which IOS it's currently using.

Emasesnepo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First of all thank you both for the quick replies
biggrin.gif

C.S.I. said:
Grab a Copy of DOP-Mii (v12), and run that, get a list of your IOSs from it.
Here we go:
Code:
"DOP-Mii Report"
"Region", Europe (E)
"Hollywood Version", 0x11
"Wii Unique Device ID", (SNIP)

IOS Version, FakeSign, ES_Identify, NAND, Flash
"250 (v65535)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"249 (v19)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"222 (v4)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"70ÂÂ(v6687)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"61ÂÂ(v5405)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"57ÂÂ(v5661)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"56ÂÂ(v5405)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"55ÂÂ(v5406)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"53ÂÂ(v5406)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"38ÂÂ(v3867)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"37ÂÂ(v3869)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"36ÂÂ(v3094)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"35ÂÂ(v3349)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"34ÂÂ(v3348)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"33ÂÂ(v3091)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"31ÂÂ(v3349)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"28ÂÂ(v1550)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"22ÂÂ(v1037)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"21ÂÂ(v782)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"17ÂÂ(v775)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"15ÂÂ(v523)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"14ÂÂ(v520)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"13ÂÂ(v273)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"12ÂÂ(v269)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"9ÂÂ (v778)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled

C.S.I. said:
Else, you could try and follow the Complete Softmod Guide, but then if you blindy ran some script via pimp my wii, then you have no idea whats really been done to your Wii, so other things might brick it.
I'm fairly certain it's just an all in one tool for bulk updating & patching IOS. Details here (french) and here. I'm happy to follow the Complete Softmod Guide but I'm not 100% sure at what point in the guide to pick up from. As far as I can tell, everything that needs to be patched before installing cIOS is patched. I then use the Hermes cIOS 222 rev4 installer - after that it should be done right? USBLoaderGX should be usable? Sorry if I'm missing an obvious step, things were a lot easier last year when I first softmodded the wii as I knew I could follow the instructions from start to finish
tongue.gif

QUOTE(OrGoN3 @ Mar 25 2010, 12:21 AM)
Homebrew Channel doesn't use IOS35. Uses 60 or 61, I forget which. Just go to the About section and it'll tell you which IOS it's currently using.
I'm quoting "v1.0.6 IOS35 (v13.21)" from the top right hand side of the "Home" screen for the Homebrew Channel. The about box, which is an option on that menu, just seems to give credits & acknowledgements. I'm probably missing something obvious, am I not?
frown.gif

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm, Seems that ALL your IOS's are now patched via the Pimpmiwii ??

That is NOT required from what I understand. Only need 36, 70, and the ones over 200??

Anyways, are you using the latest USBloader GX.

You have V19 of IOS 249.

Maybe you should try removing v19, and re-installing/downgrading v17.

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/waninkoko

I'm not certian your USB loader is compatible with v19 IOS249.

Let us know if that helped.

Problem with using that PimpMyWii, is you are not so much in control of what is happening to your precious =)

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PS. While your at it, You should be installing Priiloader and (if possible) bootmii as boot2, or at least as an ios before you screw much more with your Wii.

Emasesnepo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ick, well I feel like an idiot. I've worked out the problem (or rather C.S.I's reply is the electricity that powered the dim little lightbulb in my head). I was using the r849 .dol for USBLoaderGX which was bundled with the installer. As I used the windows laptop downstairs with the Wii I was using r849 without thinking. I've just nabbed the latest r921.dol from the google code site and everything is as pleased as punch now.

With regards to Priiloader, I currently have Preloader 0.30 and can load it holding down eject+reset when starting the Wii. It's loaded on IOS60. Would it be a good idea to install Priiloader instead or will the now unsupported Preloader still do the job? If yes, is there anything I should be aware of when replacing one with the other.

I can't thank you enough for your help C.S.I. My twin sister is also very grateful, she plays it more then I do (the addict!)
laugh.gif

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your Welcome =)

I dont know enough about preloader. But yours is working, so dont sweat on it.

I've only use Priiloader, never preloader.

If it aint broke, dont fix it, is my general theory.

Suggest you read up 1st on how to remove/update before you do anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1