kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I was modding my wii (which is fully up to date), and I encountered a step that I can't figure out how to get past. I'm at the part early on where you have to copy the usa twilight hack onto the wii. The wii isn't letting me copy, it see's it there, but every time I try to copy, it says something like "this may not have been copied", meaning, it didn't copy. How can I get through this?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the only problem i see here is that your still using the tp hack!

follow my guide to get backups up and running on your wii

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have a newer system menu that blocks copying the hack which is why it won't work.

Like bowser said try bannerbomb. It's the "next" TP hack.

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
just one thing about this new thing, these last three steps:
1] Get NeoGamma and set it up on your sd card.
2] Grab a USB loader [i recommend USB Loader GX or Configurable USB Loader] and set it up on your sd card.
3] Download CiosCorp 3.2 [not recommended for novices] [[or at all by some people]] for playing games directly through the disc channel.

Are they important and if they are, can you explain what they do and what I need to do with them?

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Neogamma is a backuploader to load backups
2. USB loader loads iso's from a HDD pr thumb drive formatted to WBFS
3. I would/wouldn't reccomend it. I don't I have cioscorp and I play backups through the disc channel. It's all because of a patched ios60(yes, no?)

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kenio8185 said:
just one thing about this new thing, these last three steps:
1] Get NeoGamma and set it up on your sd card.
2] Grab a USB loader [i recommend USB Loader GX or Configurable USB Loader] and set it up on your sd card.
3] Download CiosCorp 3.2 [not recommended for novices] [[or at all by some people]] for playing games directly through the disc channel.

Are they important and if they are, can you explain what they do and what I need to do with them?
neogamma is for playing backups. same thing with usb loader cept it uses a hard drive. i wouldn't mess with cioscorp since you don't know what you are doing. make sure you have preloader and bootmii as a ios or bootmii as a boot2.

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
1. Neogamma is a backuploader to load backups
2. USB loader loads iso's from a HDD pr thumb drive formatted to WBFS
3. I would/wouldn't reccomend it. I don't I have cioscorp and I play backups through the disc channel. It's all because of a patched ios60(yes, no?)

QUOTE(tanis698 @ Aug 12 2009, 07:59 PM) neogamma is for playing backups. same thing with usb loader cept it uses a hard drive. i wouldn't mess with cioscorp since you don't know what you are doing. make sure you have preloader and bootmii as a ios or bootmii as a boot2.

Also, tanis698, how can I make sure about the bootmii as a boot2?
On my sd card I currently have a folder that says Preloader .29, and inside it there is a boot.dol file. Is that what you meant?

AND, one more thing (i think i'm just about done, but I wanna figure this out). I got the neogamma file on my computer, it seems pretty normal (i'm assuming it's an app), however, what do I do with the sourcecode folder?

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you dont need the source code file just the boot.dol

set it up in the "apps" folder like the others and it will show in The Homebrew Channel.

as for the boot2, it will let you know in the hackmii installer if it can be installed as both or only as an IOS.

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xzxero said:
you dont need the source code file just the boot.dol

set it up in the "apps" folder like the others and it will show in The Homebrew Channel.

as for the boot2, it will let you know in the hackmii installer if it can be installed as both or only as an IOS.
ok, i'll be testing that out soon, i left the wii at my friends place so I can't really do that part now but we will see.

As for the neogamma, so all I have to do is put the neogamma folder (the one with the boot.dol file) in the apps folder and ignore the sourcode folder and not put the sourcecode folder into the sdcard? ( I just wanna be 100% clear about it).

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ur modding ur wii which is "fully up to date"
twilight hack only works with 3.2, so if ur on 4.0 it wont work.
if its not working and u are on 3.2, upgrade to 4 anyway and use bannerbomb, its easier

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the source code file is for coders and programmers to make their own mod's if they wish. as most of us are users we have no use for the source code.

also, take a good look at how the apps folder is structured, and that will answer your question about the neogamma folder.

it goes root: apps/application folder [in this case neogamma]/then the boot.dol, meta.xml, and icon.png
no extra folders in between

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse