Hacking Problems with the DSTT's soft reset

Random_user

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A problem I have with the DSTT'S soft reset(A,B,L,R,X,Y) is that whenever I'm playing I cannot get it to work. Nothing happens. What's causing this to happen?

Also, I simply turn it off mid-game because the soft-reset doesn't bring me back to the menu. Will this damage the SD card or anything else(such as the dstt cartridge lol) ?

Random_user

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I did. I went to Sysoption>Default reset and switched it to 'on'.

Is this correct or am I supposed to turn it on another way?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Turning off a game mid-game shouldn't hurt anything unless it is saving to the microSD card at the time. At most, you'll lose whatever progress you've made in the game. If you turn it off while it's saving, it could corrupt the save file and/or the entire microSD card.

Some games don't work with soft reset. But you have to have soft reset turned on in two places if I'm not mistaken -- it needs to be turned on globally, and also for the game in question.

-Bri

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah, it needs to be turned on for the game. You need to select the game then go to Options and there should be a Softreset option, you need to turn it on. You will know when Softreset is on when under the game's name it has a "Red Power Button" icon.

Random_user

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
to all: My soft reset works now, except for a Dragonball Z game(which was the game which I tried soft reset on). Though..that game is boring so I'll delete it. I'll try Bri's advice for switching it on globally as well when I come across this problem again. Thanks guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Blurp.