Hacking Problems with the CycloDS cheating program

Cobrabb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, let me just start by saying that I don't really much care for the default cheating program that comes with the CycloDS (Evocheats + the built in evocheats applier). So if there's some alternative to cheat on .NDS files, then let me know, and you won't even feel obligated to read the rest of the post
rolleyes.gif

Here is my problem:
When I use Evocheats to add cheats, I saved them as user.evoCheats. I dragged them into root/CycloDS. I also tried them in the root folder, but I'm pretty sure that was incorrect. For some reason, they did not show up on my list of cheats (when I had cheats enabled). I tried deleting default.evoCheats, but when I stuck the card in my DS, Cyclo made another copy
mad.gif

I also tried saving my file as default.evoCheats, but to no avail. CycloDS defaults to the one it came with, no matter what I do.

Help.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
user.evoCheats goes in the CycloDS folder. If cheats aren't showing up for you, you must be using a patched version of the game and its GameID is changed, therefore the cheats won't show for a patched game.

Cobrabb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
user.evoCheats goes in the CycloDS folder. If cheats aren't showing up for you, you must be using a patched version of the game and its GameID is changed, therefore the cheats won't show for a patched game.

That's what I thought too, but the GameID was the same. Also, some cheats were showing up. Just the defaults though. The ones I added were saved to user.evocheats, and they did not show up.

Ok, I figured it out. For some reason the changes weren't saving because I was editing a downloaded version of user.evocheats. I had to make my own to get it to save. That doesn't make any sense, but oh well, if it works...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: