Problems with Pokémon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness on DM and DML

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Dartinho, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Dartinho
    OP

Newcomer Dartinho Member

Brazil
    Well, I've already tried asking for help on this matter by posting in the "How to create and use DML" thread but no one could help me, then I figured that it would be best to create a separated thread for the issue.

Previews posts about the matter:

And that's it. I'm unable to play Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness on both DM and DML. I've already tried different versions of the two, I've already tried formatting my SD card and formatting my USB drive, I've already tried different loaders and different versions of that loaders, I've tried dozens of different isos downloaded from different places, both NTSC and PAL, I've tried full-size isos, I've tried shrunk-size isos, I've tried everything that I could think of and everything that others suggest me, but NOTHING worked. And it seems that I'm the only one have these problems with those games. I'm very frustrated and honestly don't have a clue about what else I must do to make those goddamn games to work. Those are the ONLY TWO GAMES I have problems with. I've more than 30 GameCube games on my USB drive and I'm able to play all of them without any problems, except for Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.

Help, please.

2. Hozu

Member Hozu GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I have Colosseum working on an older version of DML actually. r56 and r59 worked for me.

I think the game compatibility chart lists Colosseum as not working.

3. Dartinho
    OP

Newcomer Dartinho Member

Brazil
    Actually, both games are listed as working.

About older versions, I'll leave that as a last resort, because it would be a pain in the a** to keep switching versions just to play two games. I was hoping to make it work on the newer versions, but thanks for the advice anyway.

4. tankberg

Newcomer tankberg Member

United States
    Tested both games with latest version of DML 2.2 and Sandisk SD 2gb card. Both worked fine for me, but I didn't play much because it doesn't work with NMM and i have no gc memory card.

5. Taser9090

Newcomer Taser9090 Advanced Member

United States
    I've beat both of the Pokemon games on DIOS MIOS 2.2 (the USB version). Even traded my adventure Pokemon into my GBA.

Maybe it has to do something with your storage device (USB/SD). I have a USB disk that can run games perfectly fine, but for some games, it randomly shuts off.

When I played the games, I had DM 2.2 and CFGv70r36.

6. Fernando Reyes

Newcomer Fernando Reyes NirvaNOX182

Honduras
    I have the EXACT problem with Pokémon Colloseum, since I have the Original Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness, I'm only interested in Collosseum and I have tried everything to make it work, every game on my USB works fine and also on my SD every game runs perfectly except for pokémon Collosseum, glad to see that I'm not the only one having that problem.

7. nintendogod

Newcomer nintendogod Newbie

United States
    i know this is super old but i finally found the problem. its dios mios. dios mios just simply will not load it, you have to use nintendont. f you use usbloader gx you can just set that ONE GAME to run off of nintendont and everything else to run off dios mios

8. gburgue

Member gburgue GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    Well, Colloseum and XD Gale of Darkness work well for me with DIOS MIOS v2.11 using a real memory card and a disc in the drive.
    However, I prefer load them with Nintendont for its widescreen patch ;).

9. migles

Member migles Official fishy stick giver

Trinidad and Tobago
    pokemon XD (not sure about colosseum)
    works (with the emulated memory card unable to format fixed using dolphin to create the save)
    gives me a weird glitch, when i fully tilt up on any analogic. the character\menus start going down...
    however using a usb controller, on nintendont it works fine..
    but i dont know why, using the gamecube controller gives me that glitch

tried everything i could...