problems with narctool

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by pacaveli, Jun 30, 2007.

Jun 30, 2007

problems with narctool by pacaveli at 3:02 AM (1,053 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. pacaveli
    OP

Newcomer pacaveli Member

United States
    it wont open [​IMG]
    what should i do [​IMG]
    also are there better alernatives to this program
    if so plz post a link

2. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    [​IMG] Fix it. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. pacaveli
    OP

Newcomer pacaveli Member

United States
    that was a stupid answer plz explain how or dont post at all

4. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    Step 1:
    Code:
    Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>cd C:\r0mhaxx\narctool
    C:\r0mhaxx\narctool\>narctool
    Step 2:
    ???

Step 3: Profit.

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I believe crystaltile2 can parse narc, I made a thread about it the other day (same section of the forum).

By not open I assume you mean fails to work properly (it is a command line app after all) can I hazard a guess at you wanting something with pokemon, the original version has issues with nameless files but this one should work:
    http://blog.tgb.net.cn/index.php?load=read&id=46

You could always use a hex editor as well, here is the layout for a narc file:
    http://www.pipian.com/ierukana/hacking/ds_narc.html

What cory1492 was getting at is the fact the app is open source.

6. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    [​IMG]
    Would you like to fly me over there so I can look over your shoulder to get even a slight clue of what problem you are having so I can explain how to fix it? Your precise question got a precise answer.

I mean, if you go into a car dealership and say "my car won't start, what should I do" - the answer could be anything from "use the key dimbulb" to "the reverse alignment of the doodad is out of whack so we had to tweak the thingamajig and replace the whatchamacallit to allow spark to travel through the rectifier circuitry thus allowing combustion of fossil fuels to occur".

I was actually messing with narctool the other day and having problems with it deciphering bin files from a game (which were actually carc, though the narc header did not work with narctool anyway after decompression) - so... let this be a tiny lesson, if you have a problem it is best to enunciate exactly what the problem is and what you are doing to get it or else you leave people guessing and throwing stuff out at random whether or not it even applies to your problem - and as FAST said, the best way to get an open source tool to work is to poke at the source and fix it; which, by the bye would be impossible for me to do for you since you mention absolutely no details about your problem.