Problems with Mario galaxy

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Kakurai, Mar 5, 2011.

Mar 5, 2011

Problems with Mario galaxy by Kakurai at 7:48 AM (799 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Kakurai
    OP

Newcomer Kakurai Newbie

Australia
    I've encountered some problems with mario galaxy and was wondering if I could get some help.

I soft modded my 4.3E virgin wii with the following guide: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...tmod-guide.html and use USB config to load the game iso from my hardrive, the problem is that while playing Mario Galaxy on the SpaceJunk galaxy (the second star Kamella's Airship Attack) and Bowser Jr.'s Airship Armada as I enter the map the music stops, the star pointer disapears and my control becomes non responsive, the game is not completly frozen as starbits continue to fall and mobs move, but mario just sits there doing nothing, I cant quit and Im forced to hard reset. Thinking it was perhaps the loaders fault I tried using neogamma and this time both levels run but without background music, and as soon as I complete them and collect the star the screen goes black and Im forced to hard reset again.

Any help in solving this problem is greatly aprpeaciated, thank you.

Ps: Im using the Super_Mario_Galaxy_PAL_Wii-WiiZARD iso.

2. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    try wiiflow

3. Kakurai
    OP

Newcomer Kakurai Newbie

Australia
    Tried it, no luck, same problem as neogamma

4. Bladexdsl

Australia
    are you using a fat32 partition? if not switch to it cos this is what happens with wbfs.

5. Kakurai
    OP

Newcomer Kakurai Newbie

Australia
    Ooooh interesting, I'll try it and let you know how it works, thanks.

6. w!!

Member w!! GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have no probs using WBFS to play this... try getting a new dump, it could be corrupted. I use hermes cios and uloader, but it sounds like a dump issue.

7. Kakurai
    OP

Newcomer Kakurai Newbie

Australia
    The iso is over 4.5GB in size dont think I can use fat32 particion right? and I'll try a couple diff loaders see if I can get lucky.

8. Bladexdsl

Australia
    mario galaxy isn't over 4gb just use wiibackup manager. there's a tutorial i made in my sig.

9. Kakurai
    OP

Newcomer Kakurai Newbie

Australia
    I redumped the file to my hardrive and fixed the problem, gues it was just a problem with it, thank you very much for the help, I appreaciate it.