OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Ok, firstly my setup:
I have a DS w/ flashme & an old M3 SD card with a 1Gb Kingston SD card
and a DS Lite w/ Super Key & an M3 Lite MicroSD with a 1Gb OEM (Toshiba) Micro-SD card

I'm running v30 (SD Version) firmware and patcher for both of them.

The problem:
When I cross-reference the settings I am having to use against the ones on the m3wiki or against those of other users on the Gbatemp boards. The settings which are compatible with my card are a lot slower than those for everyone else.

For example today I couldn't get Final Fantasy III (U) to load with anything more than Safe-Mode, No-Trim and no Force R/W. Any other combination of settings either caused 2 white screens (no force R/W) or caused the card to hang on the loading screen (Force R/W).

I've also had a very similar experience with most of the other ROMs I have tried to patch recently including Bomberman Land Touch! (U) and Elite Beat Agents (U).

If required I could probably provide a more detailed list of which games don't work on what settings.

This problem is driving me a little nuts because the Software reset function would really help me out when I'm switching games or backing up a save after playing and not being able to Trim any roms is also getting to be a pain.

I've checked the ROMs and they're fine, I've also tried repatching several times and reupdating the m3 firmware on both cards. I've also tried both Forcing R/W and not forcing R/W for most of the set-ups.

Clearly this is something I'm doing wrong as it's happening on both my set ups. but i can't for the life of me figure out what it is....

If anyone can help me out I'll be your best friend forever or something.

AppleJuice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you think that reformatting it to a different FAT type or changing the cluster size would make any difference?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you could try that. If you're playing DS games mostly I would recommend fat 16 with 64k cluster size. Only downfall is on all gba games it looks like you have to load the whole game into memory first before playing it on the fly with dma.

IvanDashSmith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running into a very similar problem. I have an M3 player with v29 of the firmware.

I actually bought this from a friend and he had a bunch of games on there already. I added Elite Beat Agents and Children of Mana and when they load the loading bar comes up and then once it hits %100 nothing happens.

I was thinking of reformatting but the only options I had were FAT and FAT32 with no control over cluster size. Any other suggestions?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am running into a very similar problem. I have an M3 player with v29 of the firmware.

I actually bought this from a friend and he had a bunch of games on there already. I added Elite Beat Agents and Children of Mana and when they load the loading bar comes up and then once it hits %100 nothing happens.Â

I was thinking of reformatting but the only options I had were FAT and FAT32 with no control over cluster size. Any other suggestions?

Use the correct patching methods: www.m3wiki.com for settings.

Also they tell you there how to set cluster sizes on the site under flash card speed compatibility....or search for posts I've made regarding this, I've outlined the steps pretty well for people inept in using a dos prompt.

tw8e60

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem than you, for me, I went back to Game Manager 29, I'm still using firmware 30, but with GM 29.
All the games that needed Force R/W didn't work until I went back to GM 29.
So try it.
I bet you is the same problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol