Problems with latest wood v157 on R4ids card

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by coursemyhorse, Apr 4, 2013.

1. coursemyhorse
    OP

Newcomer coursemyhorse Member

United Kingdom
    Hi there. I just purchased a week or two ago an R4i Gold RST Revolution card type for my 3DS from www.r4ids.cn
    The actual site I bought from was the recommended GBAtemp place: http://nds-card.com/

I went to the r4ids.cn site to download the latest Wood v157 firmware for the card, but the links on that site for me are all not working so I cannot download anything. Does this appear to be the same for everyone else? i.e. This download link does not work for me:

ftp://r4idsdown:r4idsdown@soft.r4ids.cn/Wood_R4iGold_V1.57.rar

I then found a site linked to on these forums:

http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/r4-series/

And I downloaded the official wood v157 from there. Or at least I thought I did. I downloaded it on the THIS LINK. Can someone confirm this is correct? (you click download on the right hand side of page).

When I put the above firmware on the flash card and tried to boot up, I just got a "www.r4ids.cn STARTING" message in white writing on black background. It stays there indefinitely. I tried reflashing and the usual tricks. No joy.

I then noticed firmware on THIS LINK which is labelled as "Wood R4 for R4i Gold (R4iDS) 1.56 Download". I find this all confusing despite that the guy on that site has tried to explain which is which.
    Anyway, this firmware when I put it on my card and booted my 3DS it worked.
    So what's going on? Have I loaded the right firmware? How can I get onto wood V157 the latest?

Also I do not understand what all these "patches" are listed on the r4ids.cn site either.

I checked my 3DS by the way and the firmware veresion it shipped with is 3.0.0-E or something like that.

Help much appreciated. Thanks.

2. tranfeer

Member tranfeer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    Please do not update your card with the patch.
    You should download wood r4 here:
    I then noticed firmware on THIS LINK which is labelled as "Wood R4 for R4i Gold (R4iDS) 1.56 Download". I find this all confusing despite that the guy on that site has tried to explain which is which.
    You can also download wood r4 v1.57 from www.r4ids.cn

3. Liz Green
    This message by Liz Green has been removed from public view by Costello, Apr 26, 2013.
    Apr 4, 2013
  4. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    dont use filetrip

they dont upload the r4ids.cn wood files correctly

your browser may be out of date if you cant use the ftp link on there site
    there was problems earlyier with there site but there now fixed

ALOS NOTE KERNEL DOES NOT AFFECT WHAT FIRMWARE OF 3DS IT WILL RUN ON

5. coursemyhorse
    OP

Newcomer coursemyhorse Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks. I tried your temp link and in firefox it came up with a corrupt page with random characters. In IE it allows me to download the file. I flashed it and it all works fine. Nice one. Thanks a lot all of you for helping me out.