Problems with GeeXboX and SDExplorer

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Geek72790, Jul 23, 2008.

Jul 23, 2008
  1. Geek72790
    OP

Newcomer Geek72790 Advanced Member

United States
    Well I put the geexbox folder in the root of the SD card (The one without the .dol) and the one with the .dol in the apps folder for Homebrew channel to load, and when I load GeeXboX it goes to a black screen and my TV pop ups and says component like when nothing is turned on, but the Wii is still turned on.

What did I do wrong?

and SDExplorer when I load that just reboots the Homebrew channel.

2. sempron

Newcomer sempron Member

Yugoslavia
  3. Geek72790
    OP

United States
    No dice

Still get a black screen

I formatted it in both FAT and FAT32, both didn't work.

Does it matter if I have my Wii hooked up through Component cables? (Though it is not on 480p because it is a CRT TV.)

4. Livin in a box

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    I had that problem with SD Explorer too. Did you get it from WiiBrew? If so, I think it's because they've got the wrong file on there. Get the Homebrew Browser and download it off there and it will work fine.

5. Geek72790
    OP

United States
    It works now thanks.

Now to get this GeeXboX to friggin' run.

6. Geek72790
    OP

United States
    Waiting for help

7. Geek72790
    OP

United States
    You people are about worthless.

8. dohclude

Member dohclude GBAtemp Fan

United States
    we're worthless? you're the one who can't get a simple homebrew app to run by yourself. lol [​IMG]

9. Geek72790
    OP

United States
    I tried every damn thing asswipe, that's why I came here, it is not like I didn't try reformatting countless time and moving folders around.

Simple homebrew? Bullshi* this is the most complex piece of Wii homebrew I have seen seeing as it takes advantage of every single thing the Wii has at its disposal, Hell I didn't even expect someone to use the Bluetooth for networking.

Now if it SOOOOOOO SIMPLE as you say it is, why can't any of you give me a straight friggin' answer.

10. Livin in a box

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    Why don't you get the Homebrew Browser and download it from there? It'll work for certain if you do that. The browser can be found at WiiBrew.

11. Geek72790
    OP

United States
    I did that for SDexplorer, and worked nicely, thanks for your help on that, but sadly geeXboX is not listed in the Media apps in the Homebrew browser, only DMP, Mplayer, Hiuely?, Mini mp3 player, and MFE, and that is it.

I will try out these other media players, but I would love it if they would put GeeXboX up there soon.

12. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    That is the worst possible thing to say on a board where people are trying to help you. No matter if people can help you or not, you say "thank you." Its common courtesy. And its lines like that, that get you thrown onto a shitlist without a second thought. Respect others and you'll be shown respect.

And if you don't like it, go to another site that you'll never get a decent response... let alone wait for MAYBE a day or two.

You give the internet a bad name.

13. Geek72790
    OP

United States
    Yeah didn't I just thank someone?

But why should I say thanks to people who come here and look and leave and not even bother to help?
    I get an answer then I say thank you, that is normal common courtesy, I am not gonna thank people for looking at my question and leaving.

14. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    You know what? I had a nice piece about courtesy written up, about how it works well to ask for help and not bitch at people for not helping, but this is neither the time nor the place for this.

Think about what you post before you hit "Add Reply." If you're being a dick when you do it, just don't do it. If its a legitimate thought, then, please, post.

I do hope someone can help you here.

15. Geek72790
    OP

United States
    And like being nice was gonna help anyway, I have seen threads where people ask nicely and end up never being answered, I am tired of being nice and being ignored myself and being only helped by one courteous member.

But anyways back on track, I so far have tried out DMP and so far it is a very nice media player and I can see allot of potential in it, but it just has a lack of codec/container support.

I like the way the disk tray blinks to the beat of the song, and is quite a show when your listening to something like Nine Inch Nails.

But USB is even too slow for mp3s, and I am using a 2.0 device.