Problems with EZFlashV Combo.

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by phrostbyte, Jul 12, 2007.

Jul 12, 2007
  1. phrostbyte
    OP

Newcomer phrostbyte Member

United States
    Hey guys. I'm new to the site. I just received my EzFlash in the mail today and am definitely satisfied with how cool everything is. I upgraded to the latest beta kernel (1.5t6) and am guessing that maybe that's the reason why I'm having problems.

Anyway, a lot of things seem to work. DS games work great. Genesis emulation is somewhat flakey but I suppose that's to be expected. In regards to GBA emulation, I have mixed results. At first I only had one game (SFA3U) and I couldn't get any sound out of it... I figure maybe it was just a bad ROM since when I got a different copy, it started to work fine. Also, most GBA games seem to work (Street Fighter, Tekken, Sonic) but the Mario games I've tried give me this type of error. "Save file is corrupt." then the game tends to just freeze, anyone got an idea as to what's going on?

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    GBA games that use EEPROM or flash save types need to be patched to be able to save to the SRAM in the 3-in-1.

If you're using the EZ-V to load games onto the 3-in-1, you can patch the games with either the EZ4 Client or GBATA.

If you're using the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool, you'll need to patch most games with GBATA.

Games that use 1024Kbit flash saves will need to be patched with the EZ4 Client.

3. phrostbyte
    OP

Newcomer phrostbyte Member

United States
    Oh ok. wow.. Hmm.. I'll give it a shot thanks.