lilfrankie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok like the topic title says, I can't open any websites by clicking on links. It started when my dad told me this morning that he just bought a wireless internet connection. I was excited, and started Beup. That didn't work, so I started up DSorganize (the newest version) and I opened the webbrowser. And there it was, google.com.
biggrin.gif
I searched for something on google, but it didn't work. Another time, I typed something in google again, and this time it DID show search results. I tried opening www.gbatemp.net and clicked on the 'forum' link on the top of this site, which worked also. Then I wanted to go to the 'Rom translation blahblah..' part of this forum, but it didn't open.
In a summary:
I can't (it works very rarely) open sites by links, and neither can I open sites when I typ them in after I get to my homepage. But the strange thing is, that sites do open up when they ARE my homepage (including very long site adresses like hhtp://www.gbatemp.net/......... etc.). They open up really fast, in like 5 sec.
I get this error al the time: Server unreachable; the server was unreachable! this could be due to one of the following reasons:
- The server is down (Which it isn't, right?)
- You misspelled the URL (Which I clearly didn't)
- the WiFi connection is flaky (It could be, 'cause I'm having problems with it all day. Games can connect to WFC, but this afternoon all of sudden they couldn't. But why DO websites open then when they are the homepage?)

PS: I'm using a R4 and have placed the DSorganize.nds and the folder on my root.

Please help, it's just very annoying and really unlogical to search for a website on my pc, copying the site adress and typing it fully over in the settings of the homepage in DSorganize.

lilfrankie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
*Bump* and please help! Or is is just a stupid question?
It also happens when I'm using Bunjalloo.. When I click a link, it freezes and I have to reset my DS. Neither is Okiwi (ok, I know it's an alpha) working correctly for me. Okiwi opens pages randomly. Sometimes it loads, most of the times it freezes.

EDIT: Neither does DShobro seem to work. But I don't know if DShobro should work 100% correctly, since it lets you see the whole page, including images and stuff, and I guess that's a lot of data.

J

Jackreyes

well all browsers without SRAM are pretty much a waste of time.
You aren't really missing out on much.

I suggest the EZ 3in1 and a patched copy of the opera browser, thats still slow though

lilfrankie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
well all browsers without SRAM are pretty much a waste of time.
You aren't really missing out on much.

I suggest the EZ 3in1 and a patched copy of the opera browser, thats still slow though

Yeah I have been thinking lately to by a 3in1. But it's not that I want al this images and stuff that you can see with Opera DS (even if it is slow), because the text-based browser like DSO was good for me to.
smile.gif
It's just annoying to open a page by typing its full adress, where normal people could have just clicked on the link. Oh well, I guess I have to pay a bit to get the things that I want.
lecture.gif
Another reason to by the EZ 3-in-1.
But will the official Opera browser work, when all my homebrew browser seem to have problems with my internet connection? if it doesn't, I still have a official Nintendo USB connector, will that work with Opera?

Thanks mate..

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Links work fine for me in DSOrganize. Although the freezing is a bit random. I tried posting something in the forum from my DS, and starting a new topic crashes the DSO; replying is fine, but editing your post crashes it again. But everything works, that's the thing
happy.gif

Some pages are weird, though. The entire page won't work, because it's a jumble of unsupported scripts and frames. But if you get a link at the exact frame you want, you can load it.

And the browser sometimes loads the mobile, "mini" versions of Google and Wikipedia and some pages, and sometimes the normal pages. This happens prety much at random. Weird.

lilfrankie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Links work fine for me in DSOrganize. Although the freezing is a bit random. I tried posting something in the forum from my DS, and starting a new topic crashes the DSO; replying is fine, but editing your post crashes it again. But everything works, that's the thingÂ
happy.gif

Some pages are weird, though. The entire page won't work, because it's a jumble of unsupported scripts and frames. But if you get a link at the exact frame you want, you can load it.

And the browser sometimes loads the mobile, "mini" versions of Google and Wikipedia and some pages, and sometimes the normal pages. This happens prety much at random. Weird.

What card do you use? an R4?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt