Hacking Problems with DSi and Acekard 2i (Tried Everything)

payne.280

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I've been working for the last few hours trying and trying to get my Acekard 2i to work on my DSi. I'm not enitrely new to this, I have an R4 for my old DS but nothing seems to work with this new AK2i and my DSi.
Here are the facts:

My Dsi is ver 1.2U
I've followed all the correct steps included in the wiki
I have tried everything from AK ver 1.5 to ver 1.8
I've downloaded and installed a different loader into the folder to see if that would help
When I boot up the DSi, the icon says AK2 and the bubble above it says:Acekard 2i www.acekard.com
When I select it, it says "an error has occured. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSI Operations Manual for help troubleshooting.

Like I've said I've reformatted and re-installed various versions of the software and I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. I get this same message every time. I'm clueless as to why this is happening. I've exhausted all of my ideas

Thanks

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the icon on the card shouldn't be the acekard one, it should be the Danny Phantom Urban Jungle THQ one...!!
wink.gif
you need to update the core...!!!

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
it is, but the error it's showing, is from the 1.4 firmware. Just try to update the core, unless you really hate danny phantom. Then you've got to buy another card. Just put the update file on your microsd and run it on your old ds. When you finished updating it should say dannyphantom, and it should work. otherwise i dunno what card you've got.

wormwood2

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, To start with I'm a Newbie to all of this but I seem to have a similar problem with my DSi.
To date this is the story:
Bought the new Nintendo DSi, it's came preloaded with Nintendo's 1.4E software (Unaware of this fact at the time until I did further research on the matter).
Bought an AceKard 2i (came with the latest drivers already on it).
Went to AceKards site downloaded the latest update 4.18 plus MoonShell.
Installed both as per instructions on AceKards site.
When I put the AceKard into the DSi the following happened:
The AceKard icon showed on the DSi's menu but when pressed I got the same "Error...Refur to user manual", you got.
Following the advice of another games forum I reformatted my SD card using Panasonics SDFormatter V2.0, re-downloaded and installed AceKard 4.18, STILL NO JOY, same "error" message popped up.
A little more research and found this site.
On one of the forum pages it suggested to try AKAIO plus it's loaders. So reformatted Sd card again using Panasonic Formatter. Downloaded and installed AKAIO and it's attendant loader, installed as per AKAIO's instructions AND STILL NO JOY, same B***DY "error" message.
It seems, after doing a little more digging around, that Nintendo have increased their security protocols on the new DSi making most, if not all,current flash card firmware incompatible with the DSi's 1.4E firmware.
So until someone comes up with a "work around", for this problem we're all up the "Swanney".
As I said at the beginning, I'm a Newbie to all this.
If I've done something monumentally stupid ie., installed something wrong etc.., please could someone point out the error of my ways and give me a step-by-step guide to rectify the situation OR KNOWNS of any other way, thing etc.. to get my AceKard to work on my Nintendo DSi the PLEASE HELP!!!

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
The only mistake you made was buying a DSi
rofl2.gif
No, I kid. So does the Acekard work on your old DS?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
wormwood2 said:
Hi, To start with I'm a Newbie to all of this but I seem to have a similar problem with my DSi.
Bought the new Nintendo DSi, it's came preloaded with Nintendo's 1.4E software (Unaware of this fact at the time until I did further research on the matter).
The AceKard icon showed on the DSi's menu but when pressed I got the same "Error...Refur to user manual",
Just a couple of questions

1) when you say 'lastest drivers already on it - do you mean the 'ak2_Update_14_DSL' ans 'DSi' NDS files ?? (not sure if those are the correct filenames) - If so has the AK been already updated - Or do you still need to do it?
2) You also say 'Acekard icon' -- Is it the 'AK2' icon or the 'Danny Phantom' icon.
If it's the 'AK2' icon then the card hasn't been updated to work on a DSi - so you'll need a DSPhat/Lite

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wormwood2 said:
The AceKard icon showed on the DSi's menu but when pressed I got the same "Error...Refur to user manual", you got.
Following the advice of another games forum I reformatted my SD card using Panasonics SDFormatter V2.0, re-downloaded and installed AceKard 4.18, STILL NO JOY, same "error" message popped up.
A little more research and found this site.
On one of the forum pages it suggested to try AKAIO plus it's loaders. So reformatted Sd card again using Panasonic Formatter. Downloaded and installed AKAIO and it's attendant loader, installed as per AKAIO's instructions AND STILL NO JOY, same B***DY "error" message.
It seems, after doing a little more digging around, that Nintendo have increased their security protocols on the new DSi making most, if not all,current flash card firmware incompatible with the DSi's 1.4E firmware.
So until someone comes up with a "work around", for this problem we're all up the "Swanney".
As I said at the beginning, I'm a Newbie to all this.
If I've done something monumentally stupid ie., installed something wrong etc.., please could someone point out the error of my ways and give me a step-by-step guide to rectify the situation OR KNOWNS of any other way, thing etc.. to get my AceKard to work on my Nintendo DSi the PLEASE HELP!!!

Ummm.... You two are not on the same boat. The problem with this guy, the guy im quoting, is that he has a non flashed acekard, so it will not work on 1.4. You will need a ds lite or a 1.3 dsi or lower to update the card to work on 1.4. ANyways to the 1.2 guy Try flashing your acekard. Google up acekard2i 1.4 fix and download the files. Use ak2i_update_1/4_DSI.nds or w/e. Boot it up using a ds or dslite or 1.3 and lower dsi(besides ythe one that doesnt work on your 1.2 DSI) and run the file. It will then flash it and it should work and pop up as Danny Phantom.

wormwood2

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone,

In answer to Pany.280 question:
I have had the DSi since the beginning of November.

To synce:
I have not got an old DS . I've bought this DSi as a Christmas present for my wife and am really just trying to "set it up", so that she can use it right away when she opens it.

In answer to CannonFoddr questions:
By "latest drivers", I am going off of the company's blurb that I bought the AceKard2i from.
I think it was the -ak2 software (sorry if I get the terminology wrong, steep learning curve for me); as it was already preloaded on the card when I got it.
What I personal downloaded was the OSMenu for the AK2/AK2i version 4.18 plus MoonShell AK2. I installed these to the AceKard micro Sd card with the results that I've already posted.
The icon that appeared on the DSi's menu was the AceKard icon not the "Danny Phantom", icon.

GBAtemp Regular:
Total Newbie to all this, bet you can't tell, so I'm begging you, please don't slap/hurt or send the "Boys" around to kill me if I ask/do something really stupid.
I'm sorry but I haven't got a clue about what you have posted in regards to "non-flashed AceKard or "flashing your card" to get the updates to work.
Can you please explain what you mean, or can you point me in the right direction of some good basic tutorials that I can read up on in regards to
this matter.
A great help to me (I know I'm pushing my luck here); would be if you can give me a step-by-step guide, starting from a blank SD card, and working from there upward, as to what I must do to get this card to work.

A big thanks for all your comments and help. I'll endeavor to keep trying to get this sorted (and probably get on everybody's nerves in the process).
Wormwood2

Nitro Edd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
borrow a DS or a DSL from a friend or where ever

upgrade the AK's internal kernel to be compatible with 1.4E

this should solve both of you problems (even though payne is on 12)

get akaio firmware for you AK if the official firmware doesn't work, i recommend akaio as it is updated more regularly.

if that doesnt work then you have somehow corrupted you AK or, its a clone, which I didnt think there were any AK2i clones yet....

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Nitro Edd said:
borrow a DS or a DSL from a friend or where ever...upgrade the AK's internal kernel to be compatible with 1.4E...this should solve both of you problems (even though payne is on 12)
I totally agree with this - basically No 'Danny Phantom' icon mean it won't work on a DSi especially if it's 1.4 -- WHY it won't work on payne's I don't know

- the only thing I can think of is that an update was done to the DSi but for some reason the firmware number didn't change (is such a thing even possible ??)

wormwood2

Trophies
XP
Country
yaynds.gif

YIPPEE, Finally got my AceKard to work on 1.4E.
AKAIO 1.5 plus ak2ifw_update_14 works an absolute treat (Once I got my friend to update it all on his ds).
A BIG THANK YOU to everyone on this tread and GBAtemp for all your help
bow.gif

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK Ladies and Gentlemen and THANKS AGAIN!
This is one VERY HAPPY bunny rabbit
toot.gif

adwozere

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I have a problem also with my acekard2
I have a nds Lite about a year old and a 2gb sd card
Ive formated the card with a panisonic format tool
downloaded AKAIO 1.5
I have loaded these files on am I right or wrong (sorry all new to me, and finding it very hard)

_aio file folder
moonshell file folder
ak2loader.nds NDS file
akmenu4.nds NDS file

turns on ok and shows up but when I click on it it comes up loading then goes black screen

Dialga.The.Maste

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
adwozere said:
Hi I have a problem also with my acekard2
I have a nds Lite about a year old and a 2gb sd card
Ive formated the card with a panisonic format tool
downloaded AKAIO 1.5
I have loaded these files on am I right or wrong (sorry all new to me, and finding it very hard)

_aio file folder
moonshell file folder
ak2loader.nds NDS file
akmenu4.nds NDS file

turns on ok and shows up but when I click on it it comes up loading then goes black screen

You have to place the ak2loader.nds in the _aio/loaders folder not at the root.

sshot.PNG

Robearaudio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same exact problem. Plus I'm a complete noob. Weird though that mine just happened after having my Acekard 2i for a couple months. My DSi is on 1.3u and I'm not sure how to check out my firmware for the Acekard, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?