OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide I've been using:
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/trucha

The problem I'm having is uninstalling the stub IOSs. when I press minus to uninstall a stub it I get ">>ERROR! failed to get system menu required IOS version. >>ERROR! (-102) unknown error" also the guide says to uninstall IOS202,222,223,249 and 250 but my stubs are IOS4,10,16.40,222,223,249,250 and 254.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like you didn't load dop-mii ios properly, you need to make sure it's loading on IOS36 also you need to make sure that you've properly patched the trucha bug into IOS36.

Did you downgrade 15, patch 36 then upgrade 15 as the guide said?

Did you select IOS36 when loading Dop-mii?

This error almost certainly means that you are trying to use a non-trucha bugged IOS to remove the stubs

some guy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apoptygma said:
Sounds like you didn't load dop-mii ios properly, you need to make sure it's loading on IOS36 also you need to make sure that you've properly patched the trucha bug into IOS36.

Did you downgrade 15, patch 36 then upgrade 15 as the guide said?

Did you select IOS36 when loading Dop-mii?

This error almost certainly means that you are trying to use a non-trucha bugged IOS to remove the stubs
I think I must have skipped downgrade 15. if you haven't already guessed I'm not very tech savvy.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
If you use 'Trucha Bug Restorer" it should be pretty straight forward, you load it up and follow the prompts to do the up'ing/downing. There's also "Trucha Bug Restorer Mod" which is the same deal made by someone else, either of those should get you where you need to be.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Riley said:
Yes there is no real need to delete stubs.
They prevent you from installing cIOSs, so you do need to remove them.

Either that, or use TBR 1.12 instead of DOP-Mii to install a patched IOS36 and you can simply install the cIOSs

some guy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Riley said:
Yes there is no real need to delete stubs.
They prevent you from installing cIOSs, so you do need to remove them.

Either that, or use TBR 1.12 instead of DOP-Mii to install a patched IOS36 and you can simply install the cIOSs
I'll still be using DOP-Mii to remove the stubs right? also I need to get rid every stub I have right? does it mater if my stubs are different then the ones on the guide?

some guy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I got when I got the installing IOS36 step

"net_init failed: -116"
"error reading IOS to memory"
"IOS36 installation failed"

angry.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
sounds like u are trying to do a network install without a wifi connection

either go to wii's settings and connect to a wireless access point and try again, or set up your sd card with the required files for an offline install (instructions on the complete softmod guide, or u can use nus auto downloader)

some guy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
sounds like u are trying to do a network install without a wifi conncetion

either go to wii's settings and connect to a wireless access point and try again, or set up your sd card with the required files for an offline install (instructions on the complete softmod guide, or u can use nus auto downloader)
I'm pretty sure I'm connected, I can get on the shopping channel.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
when your on the homebrew channel wait until the internet box in one of he corners [bottomright] stays solid, then your homebrew apps will have internet connection.

if anything grab the modify.zip from the modify any wii guide here to do an offline mod

some guy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
when your on the homebrew channel wait until the internet box in one of he corners [bottomright] stays solid, then your homebrew apps will have internet connection.

if anything grab the modify.zip from the modify any wii guide here to do an offline mod
I really don't want to do that... does anyone else think the problem might be coming from already doing the Installing IOS36 with FakeSign Bug step from the DOP-mii guide?

I'm starting to get really confused.

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am not 100% sure what is going on. But, I can tell you this - I used the online method with DOPIOS and after everything was done, I deleted 249 only and everything worked after that. I deleted 249 using anytitle deleter. I did not bother deleting the other ios files and everything still worked fine. Without deleting 249, I was not able to install Wanin's Rev 17, etc.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You HAVE to delete one or more of the cIOS Stubs 202,222,223,249, and 250 if you wish to replace them with full cIOS's.

These stubs already have the max revision number allocated to them, so any attempt to install custom IOS will fail, until the relevant stub is removed/deleted.

If you never intend to install custom IOS, then you can leave the stubs as is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1