Problems with D2X Cios and Wiiflow 417

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cacildo, Oct 26, 2011.

Oct 26, 2011
  1. cacildo
    OP

Member cacildo Went and came back

Bahamas, The
    So i was just trying to run Kirby out of my HDD when i stumbled upon that nasty "press 2 to start" freeze

Searching for some help i got this tip: Install Wiiflow 417 (but first you need to install d2x Cios)

Well, last time i made an update on my USB loaders was so long ago i cant even remember it. Figured it would be time to install a new version.

So i installed D2x Cios and put Wiiflow 417 in my Sd card (i kept my old wiiflow just in case)

When asked where to install D2x Cios, i choose ios429

Results:

- Wiiflow 417 is not working properly. Almost every game i try to load says something like "Couldnt find a cIOS using base 57, or 56/57"

- I know you´re going to say "Just instal a cIOS using base 57 or 56/57". Ok, how can i do that? Which program, how?
    (BTW, i remember i installed something 56/57 years ago)

- Old Wiiflow works, but some games that used to work fine not freeze. Like Call of Duty Black Ops: yesterday it worked fine, now it freezes in the first loading.

Soo... what should i do?

2. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    Did you install the whole WAD Pack from the wikiflow page? Cause if you havent changed the option from autodetect required IOS then it's looking for certain ones which from my understanding of reading and a lot of people recommending your install the whole pack from IOS245-250. This way WiiFlow can properly choose which IOS is needed for individual games.

I'm guessing you could just manually do this; also have your tried defrag your drive? This could be an issue or your could possibly try deleting your config files for your loader and try. If you really want to know if it's your setup or WiiFlow. Try loading the game into CFG Loader or USB Loader GX. If either one play fine then it's your WiiFlow setup not your installed cIOS.

Try uploading a sysCheck someone might be able to see something wrong with your whole setup.

3. Badablek

Member Badablek GBAtemp Regular

France
    Download D2X cIOS installer 3.1 from the official googlecode repository : http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

Run it, and use these settings :

version : V6
    base IOS : 56
    slot : 249

press HOME to add it to the queue

version : V6
    base IOS : 57
    slot : 250

press HOME to add it to the queue

then press A...twice
    wait until it's finished (wifi needed...or wad of base IOS on the SD card)

done.

4. cacildo
    OP

Member cacildo Went and came back

Bahamas, The
    Thank you Kylster and Badablek

I tried Badablek´s suggestion first (cause it was easier, eheh) and evertything is fine now.

Wiiflow 417 works just fine, includding Kirby Return to Dreamland

Once again, thank you both.

5. Achilles

Member Achilles GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey! Just wanted to chime in and say that Badablek's suggestion worked perfectly for me as well. Now playing Kirby using WiiFlow from an NTFS drive. THANKS!