Problems with a new M3 Simply

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Renix, Apr 19, 2007.

Apr 19, 2007

Problems with a new M3 Simply by Renix at 3:43 PM (518 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Renix
    OP

Newcomer Renix Newbie

United States
    I just got my M3 Simply in the mail and I seem to be having some problems with it.

The microSD that I am using is a Kingston 1gig from Japan. I am using firmware 1.04.

When ever I try and load a rom the DS will lock up once it says "Game Loading..." If I select ignore when asked if I want to create a save file, the game will finish loading and then just display a white screen on both screens. Tried with several roms only to have the same results.

I tried running moonshell aswell. While loading it reports that the direct disk writing failed followed by a message that says "Critical error!! CPU HALT for safety."

I thought my problem might be with the memory but I purchased a second Kingston 1gig from Japan and had the exact same results.

Any suggestions as to what my problem is or things I could try would be very appreciated. Thanks

2. Sonicandtails

Member Sonicandtails GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Try formating the stick to FAT16 with 32K clusters.

3. Renix
    OP

Newcomer Renix Newbie

United States
    Just tried it and had the same exact results with both a game and moonshell.

I'm wondering if it could be a problem with the M3 Simply.

Thanks again