Problems with 3 in 1

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by onstar102, Jun 13, 2008.

Jun 13, 2008

Problems with 3 in 1 by onstar102 at 9:52 PM (819 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. onstar102
    OP

Newcomer onstar102 Newbie

United States
    I recently acquired my CycloDS and an EZflash 3 in 1 expansion. Problem is, the 3 in 1 Expansion Pack Tool (the one written by Rudolph) doesn't detect my expansion. I tried the NDS backup tool, and that worked just fine, so it's not faulty hardware. Any ideas? I'm using the newest beta version of the Cyclo firmware.

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool is old, discontinued software, and it was never updated to support the newer 3-in-1 chipset. You need GBA ExpLoader.

3. Spaceman016

Newcomer Spaceman016 Advanced Member

United States
    Just a note on that, I like my EZ-flash V and 3-in-1
    I do have a few problems with the stability of my EZ-Flash V stalling but anyway,

The EZ team on there homepage are still supplying the 3in1 tool with no explaination that it has not been
    updated to support the new 3in1 chipset.
    Just silly I think. People who have not used the 3-in-1 are left sort of in the dark.

Just my thoughts

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    This is why I hate it when people don't use the correct names for programs. The 3in1 Tool is a rom patcher intended for use with the EZ-V + 3-in-1 combo. The 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool (AKA 3in1 ExpPack Tool) is not the same thing at all.