Problems with 2 Flash cards. Super card& EZ

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by GuiltySpark, Oct 14, 2006.

Oct 14, 2006
  1. GuiltySpark
    OP

Newcomer GuiltySpark Newbie

Canada
    I'm relatively new to the Flash card area but have read my a$$ off to make sure I know everything I can before I post here.
    1st problem:
    I use an EZ-Flash II 256Mb card with 3.26 Software. I am playing all the Mario GBA games and at random the Save games will just disappear. I don't use the SMS save options and try to keep it plugged into the linker so it charges the battery. If I don't, will that affect my game saves if I don't charge it often? Have I missed something obvious here?

2nd problem:
    I also run a SuperCard-Minisd. I'm having a hell of a time getting many of the GBA games running on it. not one of the GBA Mario games will run. I often get " Reading..." that never does anything. Or the "Your save game has been corrupted" at various points upon booting up the game. I have to plead ignorance here aswell as I never got instructions and have just googled everything I can think of to learn.
    What are the recommended settings when converting the GBA games in the "SuperCard SD" program? Do they HAVE to be converted? Are they specific to each games like the DS roms are? is where the roms are placed in the card matter? I just made a new folder in the root called GBA and dumped them there.

ANY help here is greatly appreciated, and I hope you understand I've been reading for weeks about both problems and I've gotten nowhere. Thanks for anything you can do [​IMG]

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    1) Mario games have always worked fine for me, my advice is to try an earlier version of EZClient which you can grab from the downloads section:
    http://ezflash.sosuke.com/ (nothing new has happened GBA wise for nearly a year now meaning GBA wise nothing has been added to EZClient)
    Also make sure the roms are not named the same.
    You have already charged the cart but I would suggest not doing it that often as you could damage it that way (I have had my EZ2 for over 2 years and because I play it fairly often the original charge is all that it needed).

2) Supercard GBA compatibilty is less than stellar with the good games usually being the ones that do not work properly, here is a compatibilty list/suggested options page: http://rothmans.joskeonline.com/supercardsite/