Gaming problems updating to 5.03

mrSmiles

Dundunduuuun
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
doesnt want to update, it keeps on saying "game could not be started (DADADADA)"

any ideas or am i screwed?

mrSmiles

Dundunduuuun
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im trying to update to 5.03 official to update to GEN D3 but it gives me "game could not be started (DADADADA)" the version it has says 3.40 OE-A(i think it was)

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
DADADADA was a custom M33 error code, and the firmware you're on puts you at slightly too low to flash directly to GEN. I'd suggest that you try Hellcats Recovery Flasher first to put you to 5.00M33-6, or update manually to 3.52M33-3 and then update to GEN.

You have CFW...there's no reason to update to OFW.

mrSmiles

Dundunduuuun
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i bought a new psp it has version 5.03, but chickHEN has trouble being installed (i understand it may take a while) what im wondering is if its normal for it to freeze the console and turn it off when it fails to install?

mrSmiles

Dundunduuuun
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
after installing the custom firmware, can i delete the files for chickHEN and the 5.50 Gen d3 updater?

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends. Chickhen only boots up a temporary custom version of the firmware 5.03. If you turn the psp completely off then on with firmware 5.03 to get into chickhen custom firmware again you will have to use chickhen again. If you install the 5.50 Gen d3 updater5.50 Gen d3 updater on a psp slim 100x or 200x you won't be able to use chickhen again. On a psp 300x or go the Gen d3 updater won't work:(because it isn't signed by sony which the psp 300x and go require).

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Why on earth did you give up on the Phat PSP which already had cfw?

mrSmiles

Dundunduuuun
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xist said:
Why on earth did you give up on the Phat PSP which already had cfw?

it was a garbage console, full of scratches, kept asking me if i wanted to exit the game (crisis core, god of war) i still have the console though, i might end up making a pandora battery out of it.

anyways i have 5.50 gen d3 now, but im wondering what are good plugins, homebrew games, emulators, and other apps.

if anyone can give me some ideas or links of good homebrew stuff please post.

thanks

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
5.00M33-6 is pretty awesome....
wink.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahk, ignore Xist he's a real M33 fanboy. There's not much difference between 5.00 M33 and 5.50 GEN D3 other than 5.00 M33 is harder to use as it won't run UMDs requiring firmware over 5.00 and any ISO requiring more than 5.00 needs to be patched accordingly.

Seriously Xist, I know you'll do me for being a GEN fanboy but seriously GEN is easier to use and as stable as M33. M33 is just outdated, get over it.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not an anything fanboy, and if you can't spot the intended humour in my post then i give up. I appreciate decently made firmware and see little to no benefit in GEN at all. Harder to use? Gimme a break!

Plus have you tried running Sega Rally on GEN D3...you can't, it's broken. If one older game is incompatible on GEN it's likely there are others. I'd much rather go with tried and tested for playing the vast majority of games rather than a firmware that allows me to be lazy with a handful of games. Who knows what other compatibility issues there are.

There's no real reason to be on GEN ..simple as. No fanboyism about it. For those same reasons i never bothered updating from 3.71 M33-4 for god knows how long. Does that make me a 3.71 fanboy? No. It makes me someone who doesn't just update for the sake of updating.

Edit - Seems Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier may not play on D3 either.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte