Problems trying to move the disk channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Hooya, May 31, 2009.

May 31, 2009
  1. Hooya
    OP

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I have 4.0u, BootMii v2 installed in Boot2. Trying to reboot using Gecko OS 1.91 (hooks) gives me an error and I have to reset my wii because the remote disconnects. Startpatch gives me error 1017 when I try to run it.

There are three hacks I want to use:
    Move disk channel
    Remove NoCopy protection
    Remove Health Warning screen

Any suggestions on how to get this working?

Yes, I've searched, but there didn't seem to be good information out there, especially for people with error 1017 like me. I have not really tried preloader, as it seems redundant if I could get startpatch to work (which seems like a much simpler process without messing as much with the low level system).

2. Hooya
    OP

United States
    Update,

I tried running preloader and got an error related to IOS36 (current version has fakesign bug fixed) or something.

I had cIOS36_rev10 installed and just installed cIOS38_rev12 before trying preloader and got the error.

So what do I need to do to get StartPatch or Preloader working? Am I missing an IOS fix somewhere?

3. Hooya
    OP

United States
    Just to update. I found a lot of people saying you could fix 1017 errors with a re-formatted sd card. I was skeptical, but I tried it.

Redownloaded Wads for my IOS for 16, 35 downgrade and re-install, 36 and 222. Set up the card the way I wanted it, then copied the contents of my sd card to a temp folder. Reformatted the card and copied everything back over. Then re-installed all of my IOS wads from the card in their proper order.

After doing all of that everything that was giving me 1017 errors (loads of programs were doing it, not just StartPatch) stopped giving that error.

So that's a possible fix for anyone else trying this stuff.