Problems reading discs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rdurbin, Mar 5, 2008.

Mar 5, 2008

Problems reading discs by rdurbin at 5:56 AM (1,143 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. rdurbin
    OP

Member rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Not sure if this is the right spot to post about this.

I have a US wii with a wiinja deluxe modchip. I had the system for about a year. I have not had any problems until recently. Now my wii games are not working correctly. The game icon appears just fine on the wii menu, but when I try to actually load the game, the wii makes that wierd drive noise you hear when you start up your wii and than the wii crashes to a black screen with a disc error message. Gamecube games work just fine but wii backups do not. Does anyone know what could be wrong and is it easily fixable. I have a D2B wii if that matters.

2. spirited

Newcomer spirited Advanced Member

United States
    this problem just started for me today, i'm reburning the disk and hoping it's the disk but we'll see

3. tomqman

Member tomqman This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.

United Kingdom
    if games that did work are not working. its probley a problem with your chip. check the soldring to make sure none came loose if not try a new chip

4. spirited

Newcomer spirited Advanced Member

United States
    im thinking it might be my lens. recently i've been hearing more and more grinding as it's trying to read the disk, do you think if i change the lens it would be better or is it the whole dvd drive?

5. rdurbin
    OP

Member rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think replacing the lens will work, I havent made the plunge myself, afraid to spend the money and it not be the problem. The wierd thing is all my gamecube games work perfectly, is it the same for you?

As I said before I dont think this is a problem with the modchip as it does load the channel icon for it. Also gamecube games are working perfectly