Problems on running XBOX1 game on flashed XBOX 36o

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by test84, Jun 3, 2008.

1. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    My 360 has a iXtreme 1.4 BenQ drive and I got the November update of Backward Compatibility and updated the console via that.
    I got a Shenmue II dvd which is meant for modded xbox1 consoles from a friend but that game won't work and says this:

this original xbox game is not supported on your xbox 360 an update my be available for more info go to www.xbox.com/game
    x:5829.0 & b:1884.0

additional details:
    The game and my xbox are from same region, NTSC-UC.
    He also gave me a dvd9 burnt copy of this game, that wont work either.

2. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
  3. test84
    OP

Iran
    thnx Linkiboy,
    According said at last post of that topic you mentioned, I cant give it random padding, so what can I do in order to run this game? Do I need an un-modified xbox1 game disc of this game? anything?

That last post a little odd to me since this game is listed of Microsoft's official list of working of backward compatibility games.

4. phunk

Newcomer phunk Newbie

United Kingdom
    I *think* in order for you to run xb1 'backups' *ahem*, you cant use the same ISOs you would for a modded xbox. i think the game has to be ripped a certain way so it keeps security sectors etc, kinda like how 360 games need to be ripped. You'll find *far* more info at www.xbox-scene.com. Happy hunting ;-)

edit: didnt see Linkiboys post! Also, you cant use 'random' padding - u have to try and maintain the original disc structure. so, looks like you'll have to hit your local video store and rent it to make a proper rip, as theres no way of recreating that from scene ISOs.

5. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    If you can find it get this: Shenmue.II.XBOXDVD9.IXTREME.INTERNAL.XBOX360-KLOTEKLAPPERS
    Otherwise yeah, you'll have to make your own. I think it may be possible using the original Xbox 1 dump. Never done it myself I always went for the group-made ones.

6. test84
    OP

Iran
    thnx guiz,
    I cant download the game (Dial up) and nor can buy the actual game (they dont have retail stores here), All I have is this modified disc for modded xbox1 console.

Some guy at another forum told me that you should stealth this game like any other 360 game in order to be runnable in iXtreme 1.4, but I cant find SS and DMI files for it, if this method works.

7. test84
    OP

Iran
    ok, I found the solution but the problem is that when I insert my XBOX1 game in drive, READ button in Xbox Backup Creator is disabled.

what do u think the problem is?

8. test84
    OP

Iran
    anyone? damn Shenmue II is all over my head.
    or atleast show me somewhere to ask my specific question about XBC, please.

9. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    Do you have your Xbox connected to Xbox live?
    You need to download a patch for each game the first time you play it.

10. test84
    OP

Iran
    Hi phil, I've done that update, my problem is now with getting image of my XBOX1 game which XBC cannot detect.

11. legendofphil

United Kingdom
    What DVD drive are you using? (model)
    And what version XBC?

12. test84
    OP

Iran
    Hi Phil
    I'm testing my xbox1 disc with my laptop's dvd drive which is a matsushita and a Sony with my desktop, both cant detect it but Nero can detect the disc.

and I'm using xbc 2.8.

13. legendofphil

United Kingdom
    You need to use the drive from your Xbox 360, but not an hitachi.

14. test84
    OP

Iran
    I did the same thing with 3 games and it worked nice, phil.

Today I got an image by ImgBurn and Nero, Nero's image was not compatible with Muller and thus did not open but ImgBurn's image was compatible with muller but strange thing happened and it was that INSERT SS button or INSERT STEALTH buttons were disabled! how could I patch the game?!

15. diew

Newcomer diew Advanced Member

United States
    Hmmm, sorry to hijack the thread, but after getting the image file from the original XBOX game there is two files, the MDS and ISO file. Which file do you write onto a DVD to be burnt?

16. legendofphil

United Kingdom
    Using IMGBurn select the MDS for the best results.

17. test84
    OP

Iran
    I successfully converted my XBOX1 iso to XBOX360 with Mulleter and inserted all stealth files, but there is one last problem.
    Whenever I load my original xbox1 iso in Mulleter, it shows that it has Random Padding (and nothing else) but whenever I convert it into x360 iso and insert my
    stealth files, it will have everything minus Random Padding and thus no check mark on "iXtreme Compatible".

p.s. In process of converting images of xbox1 to xbox360, I dont apply any Layer file (lyt files) since I couldnt find such file for Shenemue II USA but mulleter suggests one.

18. test84
    OP

Iran
    new upadate, I DO found the Layer file of shenmue II but using it and making another ISO, it still wont have Random Padding.

My main problem is I donno which part of my process is faulty that makes Random Padding, dissapear.

19. test84
    OP

Iran
    The new problem is that I'm using first option called "Create DVD9 ISO with zero Padding" and thus it wont have Random Paddings but this option promises to create Xtreme Compatible ISO which will fail at Mulleter's stealth check of iXtreme and I think will not work on my Ixtreme 1.4 drive.

20. test84
    OP

Iran
    I tried steps in (http://niema.net/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=22&thread_id=14) and I finally got a fully check marked ISO with Mulleter and I was so happy that I couldnt even burn the game.

but that didnt last long, as soon as I burnt it with CloneCD and put it in my drive, AGAIN it showed me the very first error message, that

"this original xbox game is not supported on your xbox 360 an update my be available for more info go to www.xbox.com/game
    x:5829.0 & b:1884.0"

I checked the disc again in my drive, its still the fully check marked disc, whats the problem now?

the only thing I can think of is that somewhere in Mulleter, it told me that my xbox1 image has some invalid XBE or XBC (cant remember) files and said it might not be good. (maybe thats why this xbox1 is modified to run in modded xbox1 consoles).

I'M SO DOWN, this was my last DVD9 disc and they are f**in expensive here.

so desperate.