Hacking Problems loading games with Gateway Omega 2.0

yabbitboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi there,

I have a Gateway card purchase about 9 months ago from nds-card.com and I am having trouble loading the multirom games. I noticed the LED light flashing in various colors from the red Gateway Cart when attempting to load a game ROM.... When I did eventually successfully load a multirom game I noticed the LED light did not flash up from the red Gateway cart.

my youtube video:

Passed all Diagnostic tests

I am using a 16gb Sandisk Ultra Micro SDHC, copied from laptop's SD card slot to microsd.

On 3ds 4.4 firmware - realnand and enumand.

Gateway Omega MD5: 84a17fd6a781a3aacdc4f82a3b3c4c87

In the past when I was on firmware 1.2 and 2.0b1 - After launching and exiting the 3ds exploit via system settings I had to eject and then reinsert the 3ds Gateway cart to get the Rom to load. Maybe this is the reason why it the multirom game menu isnt well for me - My gateway card is dying?

yabbitboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have an additional SD card you could try? You could reformat yours to see if that makes a difference too...

I will try that later - I also have a unopened SD card reader that I purchased a while back before I discover that my laptop also had a SD card reader built-in. Currently it takes me from 5 minutes of attempting to successfully launch the multi rom games, but this morning it took me 2 hours to successfully launch the multi rom game [ in this case - Pokemon X ]

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem loading any games on the new gateway firmware.

-Tried several micro-sd cards and sd cards
-Tried everything with both formatted fat32 as well as extfs
-tried downloaded roms as well as rips from the games (since I own them), all from my region (US)
-tried win32 disk imager for a single rom just to see (just shows up as raw game and won't play)
-reformatted and reapplied hack and tried all again

To be clear, I'm in gateway mode with the latest emunand 3ds firmware, and the multi-rom option pops up when select is pressed.

Most of the games show up just as white empty spots, but one or two of the roms appear as they should and are loadable (only older ones regardless of if it was a rip or download)

When clicked on the white slots, nothing happens. When clicked on the old ones that display properly, they begin to load. They then kick me to "an error has occurred".

Not a single game works. I'm probably doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what. Any thoughts beyond "i dunno, format and reapply hack"?

yabbitboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Video proof my Gateway is not a clone:

from the Gateway site describing whether your red cart is a clone or not, mine would be legit:
http://gateway-3ds.com/images/real_vs_fake_1.jpg

Another video of mine where I actually successfully loaded a game - after attempting for about 2 minutes loading any games from the multi rom menu [ at least it didnt took me an hour like I previously had ]... Noticed when I successfully loaded a game the LED light does not flash from the red Gateway Card:

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Edit: le sigh, behind I seem to be.

Just email the Gateway team. If the problem is their code, they'll be able to sort it out.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Video proof my Gateway is not a clone:

from the Gateway site describing whether your red cart is a clone or not, mine would be legit:
http://gateway-3ds.com/images/real_vs_fake_1.jpg

Another video of mine where I actually successfully loaded a game - after attempting for about 2 minutes loading any games from the multi rom menu [ at least it didnt took me an hour like I previously had ]... Noticed when I successfully loaded a game the LED light does not flash from the red Gateway Card:

I wonder if it's just a contact issue. As you said on the old loaders, you had to pop the card in/out to get them to show. Tried the trick for contact issues that used to be used on old ds cards? Sliding a piece of paper in front of the card to push it up against the contacts better. Gateway is already slightly thicker, so could get stuck though.

I know it doesn't help, but I have pretty much same setup as you. Card from nds-card on release and same sandisk 16GB and is working fine. So don't think it's anything to do with launch cards at least.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted to the forum they want you to post technical problems to, yes. No response yet. And the new 2.1 hasn't changed anything. Don't suppose brand of SD cards could matter at all?

qUaK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A friend of mine had trouble copying roms to the micro sd card. He was using a good and fast micro sd card reader, I think from logitech or something like that. As soon as I gave him one of those random readers I got from previous DS flashcards, it took longer to copy the files, but they worked instantly.

Just to be safe, if you still have problems with a different card, try a different reader.

Reactions: osaka35

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good call, qUaK3R

It would appear it wasn't the micro-sd card, it was the micro-sd to usb. I switched to a different adapter and that seems to be working at the moment. I still find it odd it was the same games that would/wouldn't show up, but it's working now with everything.

So, if you're having the same problem, here's what you do:

-Switch to a different micro-sd card. Preferably one of a different brand
-Format the micro-sd card
-Use a different method to transfer files than you have done previously
-Try copying over just one game and then test to see if it works. If that one works, copy over the rest of them one at a time.
-if still having troubles, try ripping your own game and using a different rom

Thanks everyone for your help and your input. I appreciate it.

yabbitboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
update:

I have since bought another Gateway 3ds card from an unofficial reseller close to where I live and this new Gateway card works with no problems for me - I noticed the LED light does not flash up at all from the moment I launch the 3ds exploit to the moment I select a game......... So in short the original Gateway I bought from nds-card was faulty and since I bought it over 6 months ago I guess I cannot send it back to them and get a refund.

Reactions: osaka35

ScarletSpear

Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem (I know this thread is old but I wanted to share my fix).

I haven't read all the recommendations but here is what I did

1. Format both SD cards
2. Reinstall (using Bluecard) Gateway
3. Put Launcher.dat on to 3DS SD card
4. put games onto SD used in Gateway Red card
Worked.

Worth Noting I also changed the SD card reader I was using

I was close to buying another Gateway but decided to try some simple fixes and I guess I was lucky

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had the same problem (I know this thread is old but I wanted to share my fix).

I haven't read all the recommendations but here is what I did

1. Format both SD cards
2. Reinstall (using Bluecard) Gateway
3. Put Launcher.dat on to 3DS SD card
4. put games onto SD used in Gateway Red card
Worked.

Worth Noting I also changed the SD card reader I was using

I was close to buying another Gateway but decided to try some simple fixes and I guess I was lucky
Why are you still using Omega 2.0!?

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Goddammit! Again I read through TWO FUCKING YEARS OLD posts just to notice that at the bottom. GBATemp should probably implement a closing rule, where a post gets auto-closed if there was no activity within a six month period or so. If there is indeed a need to discuss a particular topic further a mod can open an old topic for discussion again.

Reactions: Thunder Hawk

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goddammit! Again I read through TWO FUCKING YEARS OLD posts just to notice that at the bottom. GBATemp should probably implement a closing rule, where a post gets auto-closed if there was no activity within a six month period or so. If there is indeed a need to discuss a particular topic further a mod can open an old topic for discussion again.
Why should mods be inconvenienced just because you can't be more observant? It doesn't take much to notice the thread create date on the topic list and scroll down to to the current posts. I did that without a problem :>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...