Problems loading from FAT & NTFS with USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by FrankSinatra, Sep 1, 2010.

1. FrankSinatra
    OP

Newcomer FrankSinatra Member

United States
    If I format my external hard drive as WBFS, USB Loader GX can load games fine. I'd prefer to use NTFS or FAT, though, as I can reclaim all the space when deleting games, and defrag the drive if needed. However, if I format the drive as NTFS or FAT and install the .wbfs files, GX can see the games, but hangs on a black screen when I try to launch them.

I also delete the GX preferences and game list from my SD card when I format the hard drive.

I've tried USB Loader GX 1.0r833 and r938.

I've been installing the games using Wii Backup Manager v0.3.5 beta 1.

I soft modded my 4.2 wii using the http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-3-below guide, including installing Priiloader, but haven't made any other changes. I also have a d2pro9 chip installed, though I don't know how that would be a problem.

*edit*

Further, it says "Hermes cIOS 222/223 or waninkoko's rev19 must be installed to use FAT32", but if I'm not mistaken the 'modify any wii 4.3 and below"=' guide installs Hermes cIOS 222/223? Under Objectives, it says "4] Install custom IOS 202[60], 222[38], 223[37] & 224[57] [Hermes v5], 249[56] & 250[37] [Waninkoko v20] to your wii."

*edit2*

Ok, I felt really stupid when I looked again in Game Load settings in GX and saw you could choose IOS there... but setting it to IOS 222 or 223 still causes black screen on game launch from a FAT32 drive (haven't tried NTFS yet).