Problems installing certain games. ret = -1022

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by RyuKakashi, Apr 27, 2008.

Apr 27, 2008
  1. RyuKakashi
    OP

Member RyuKakashi GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I get an error on installing Kid Chameleon, Sin and Punishment, and super smash (injected s&p wad)

For KC and S&P it would get to content #3 and fail giving me error ret - 1022
    For supersmash, it would get to content #4.

All the other games i've tried have worked fine. I've tried using uninstaller to uninstall the ticket and reinstall, but no go.

Any ideas?

2. Critical_Impact

Member Critical_Impact GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I've had this but only with S&P and only when I tried to inject my own data. Chances are it means the data is wrong. When I installed the original S&P without any injected data it worked fine.

3. RyuKakashi
    OP

Member RyuKakashi GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Mmm yes but I know of people that have used the exact same files as me and it's working fine for everyone else. Hmmm..

4. fac_ownage

Newcomer fac_ownage Newbie

United States
    PROBLEM SOLVED

-1022 error occurs in the Wad Manager. This occurs because it already detects that the channel has been installed. Did you previously install the channel and then uninstall it via Wii Menu? It so, DONT DO IT AGAIN. Instead uninstall via WadManager by pressing the MINUS BOTTON TO UNINSTALL.

Even if you do not have the wad installed as of now, press Minus button anyway to get all the crap you left behind on it. Now press + to install it again.

This worked for me. I was getting ret = -1022 all of a sudden and got pissed...so i thought maybe uninstalling it via wadman would work...and low and behold, it did!

UNINSTALL EVERYTHING FROM WAD MANAGER BY PRESSING MINUS KEY IN ORDER TO GET RID OF THE RET = -1022 ERROR.

You're welcome, I'm the man. Fac hack attack is more like it!