Hacking Problems getting e3 flasher to work

Banny33

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive read quite a few forums and there is conflicting information.

Im trying (well for all intents and purposes), I have installed the e3 flasher, when I attempt to upgrade the firmware in the e3 flasher as per the instructions and do do the dumping of the chip info, I get the error that suggests that the e3 flasher is not properly connected, some say you have to 'shave' some of the plastic off or something and others say you don't.

I have tried attaching it several times without success.

I have also broken, the little plastic 'lip' although I still have it where the ribbon cable for the blu ray drive plugs into the board, I purchased a new ribbon on ebay and still it beeps if I try to use the blue ray. The e3 flasher lights up as if all is ready and the ps3 still detects the HDD.

Has anyone else had this problem with the flasher, and overcome it, or is there someone in the uk (hopefully) preferably northwest that could do this for me, obviously I would pay for the services.

I welcome any responses on this either with suggestions, or someone who could take a look at it.

Its a phat ps3 80GB model chechl

EDIT: Can someone also recommend a downgrade dongle supplier?

Banny33

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im going from bad to worse -

The ribbon for the e3 flasher is it possible to get a replacement, it looks like one of the metal strips could have peeled, and I managed to pull of what I assume is the bluetooth part.

Its ok as for the DVD Drive and other part I have a cunning plan, but still need to source a replacement ribbon for the e3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr