Hacking Problems during update

selph

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try to be as much clear as possible:
After updating my 3ds it wouldn't boot, giving me a black screen, so i thought that i should update a9lh too. I go to https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh and follow the guide, but at Section IV - CTRNAND Luma3DS turns out, it won't boot luma3ds chainloader when holding start. What can i do? should i try change the filename of godmode9 to start_godmode9 like i had to do the first time i used hourglass?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try to be as much clear as possible:
After updating my 3ds it wouldn't boot, giving me a black screen, so i thought that i should update a9lh too. I go to https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh and follow the guide, but at Section IV - CTRNAND Luma3DS turns out, it won't boot luma3ds chainloader when holding start. What can i do? should i try change the filename of godmode9 to start_godmode9 like i had to do the first time i used hourglass?
Did you put your GodMode9 into /rw/luma/payloads/?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Update A9LH? Why didn't you try to update Luma3DS first?

I wasn't even aware that updating A9LH was something you'd have to eventually do and honestly I doubt it is. Even if you have an ancient A9LH it should work, but SD-less boot isn't supported on that version. You still could just try updating Luma. Grab a hourly, put arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of SD card and try booting normally.

Reactions: selph

selph

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you put your GodMode9 into /rw/luma/payloads/?
Solved now: i had to put "start_" before the name and i could continue now.
Now i was able to complete the process, but it tells me:
"Use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
“Show NAND or user string in System Settings”
Do i have to leave only that (no "autoboot sysnand" or anything) checked? because if i do that it still gives me a black screen.

Update A9LH? Why didn't you try to update Luma3DS first?

I wasn't even aware that updating A9LH was something you'd have to eventually do and honestly I doubt it is. Even if you have an ancient A9LH it should work, but SD-less boot isn't supported on that version. You still could just try updating Luma. Grab a hourly, put arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of SD card and try booting normally.
I thought i had to update a9lh too. Can i still update luma at this point?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Solved now: i had to put "start_" before the name and i could continue now.
Now i was able to complete the process, but it tells me:
"Use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
“Show NAND or user string in System Settings”
Do i have to leave only that (no "autoboot sysnand" or anything) checked? because if i do that it still gives me a black screen.

I thought i had to update a9lh too. Can i still update luma at this point?

Luma was all you needed to do. I wouldn't mess with updating A9LH because you're messing with your sysNAND, and if A9LH becomes corrupted your console is done. But you updated it. And it still works because Luma etc works. Yes, update Luma. I linked you the hourlies page.

The common rule is that when a new system update is released, update luma first. If you have Luma3DSUpdater installed on your console you can use that to download the latest hourly.

Reactions: selph

selph

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma was all you needed to do. I wouldn't mess with updating A9LH because you're messing with your sysNAND, and if A9LH becomes corrupted your console is done. But you updated it. And it still works because Luma etc works. Yes, update Luma. I linked you the hourlies page.

The common rule is that when a new system update is released, update luma first. If you have Luma3DSUpdater installed on your console you can use that to download the latest hourly.
Thanks for the help! everything works now. I'll remember it for the future.

Reactions: Distrance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1