Hacking Problems burning MP3-C

pbskidz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii with the 3.0u FW, it had a cut legged D2B but I traded drives with a friends D2A, originals work fine. I have a real wiikey. Last night I backed up Metroid Prime 3 with one of those lg drives and rawdump 2.0 without any problems, the size is correct. So I tried burning it to a DVD+R with ImgBurn at 4x and it gave me an error message at the end saying that it couldn't read the sectors. So I tried again, this time I used Nero7, and I had no errors in the burn, however it wont load when I put it in my wii. Is this some problem because of the update? Should I use a DVD-R? I haven't tried the boot disk or any other back ups because I just installed the wiikey, but my install went perfect and I double checked everything.

RiotShooter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i personally use dvd-r and have never had a problem. i would try a different back up. or if u have a friend that has a modded wii go see if u disc works there and if it does than ur install was bad. or it could possible be that ur wiikey is dead. (it happens i think) dont really know if i was helpful or not just giving my input.

pbskidz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'll try DVD-R out, but I don't have any friends with a modded Wii or else I would have tried that already. I thought maybe the burn or dump was bad in some way so I tried burning the 1.9b to a dvd+R and that didn't read either. The Wii isn't even trying to read them, I just goto the disk channel and it gives me a question mark and it says that it was unable to read the disk. It seems like it would be way to rare to get a dead Wii. My install looks perfect and I have a lot of experience with soldering. I hope it isn't the install because I soldered the big ground and VCC holes all the way full (didn't use a wire)

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
If Imgburn is reporting an error I can't imagine the problem being anything other than a bad dump. I have seen no reports of anyone saying they couldn't burn MP3-C with Imgburn.

pbskidz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok well I tried burning the setup (1.9b) on a Sony DVD+R at 2x. I did this to make sure it wasn't the media I was using. But it still wont boot any backups at all. Could this be because I traded drives out?

Update: I tried burning metroid prime 3 again this time with a SOny DVD-R at 1x, no errors with burn, but it won't boot in my wii, it doesn't even spin up at the disk channel.

pbskidz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, well obviously it is either my install which I have no idea what went wrong because I knew what I was doing and nothing went wrong and it looks perfectly fine, or it was a bad dump.

I have a question though, dumps are supposed to be 4,699,979,776 bytes...

However, mine says 4,589,824 bytes, but when I click on Properties, it says that it is 4,699,979,776 bytes

pbskidz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm dumping my Wii Sports disk right now and then burning it to see if it works or not, if it doesn't then I know it is my install and I'll go have fun trying to desolder those huge ground and VCC holes full of solder....great.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
did you change the .wii into a .iso?

since you own the game you should just download it off a torrent and try that version of the image see if youhave better luck

i use verbatim dvd-r burned at 4x with nero 7 sometimes i burn at 8x if im using my external plextor drive but when i use my laptops internal dvd-rw i burn 4x

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yer kinda missin the burning speed point here.
It's no longer the case that "the slower you burn the better it will be".
Discs nowadays are optimized for a certain speed. So reburn on a 4x dvd-r (not dvd+r) or 8x but no lower than 4x.
Also, try to make a gcos disc and get that to boot just to test yer wiikey is operational.
Also make sure you have turned on regionfree with the wiikey disc (after booting gcos) if you are in a PAL region and trying to boot an NTSC game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water