Hacking Problem

l00pz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To begin with, I was stupid enough to install V3.3 on my PAL Wii.
blink.gif

The problem now is that I can`t run Trucha Signed games (Custom GH3) anymore from within the Wii Menu (Only from Gecko OS, and I would like to run these games from within the Wii Menu). I tried to downgrade my Wii to V2.2 with Waninkoko`s Downgrader and this all goes fine (Update installs, my Wii reboots and V2.2 is installed. Trucha Signed games work!). But the real big problem is that when I insert SSBB or Mario Kart Wii into the Wii the games say I need to update to V3.1 or V3.2. If I let them update, the Wii updates itself to V3.2 or V3.1 (tried both). But when this is done my Trucha Signed games don`t work anymorge (again
mad.gif
). I find this is strange, because Nintendo blocked this with V3.3, and not with V3.1 or V3.2. Is there something I`m doing wrong? Or am I forgetting something?
I also tried Bushings Update Disc. This doesn`t seem to work either..

I hope someone can give me some clarification on this problem, or maybe even a solution
rolleyes.gif

Some specs:
PAL Wii
Wiikey 1.9S Firmware
Custom IOSV3 Installad (also Uninstalled this to test if this maybe was the problem)
Installed V3.1, V3.2

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
l00pz said:
samsam12 said:
the downgrader does not uninstall MIOS

And what is MIOS? (Sorry don`t know all the terms
unsure.gif
)
MIOS is the gamcube(or backwards compatability) layer that is used to boot gamecube games, theres more to it, but basicaly its a small amout of gamecube code thats in the wii. it was updated in the 3.3 update so that stuff like freeloader wont work again, evern after downgrading

l00pz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But how is it possible then that when I have V2.2 installed (from Waninkoko`s Downgrader) the Trucha Signed games work fine. But when I install V3.1 it doesn`t work anymore?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
o i didnt read your 1st post all i saw was samsam saying something about the MIOS and i thought u wanted to run GC imports or something, MIOS is nothing to do with the wii mode as such, umm about your problem, im not sure because i dont have a mod chip or anything sorry, maybe teq or someone will know more, you could burn the games again without modding them to remove updates or anything

l00pz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
samsam12 said:
possibly the later IOS versions on your system

you mean V2.2 doesn`t see the "newer" IOS versions installed on my system? And V3.1 sees them or what?

Posts merged

QUOTE(lvholanda @ Jul 29 2008, 12:37 AM) Downgrade to 3.2U, it's simple.

Does that make any difference then? V3.2U and V3.2E? And it doesn`t matter if I install a U Firmware version on a E system? And what game comes with a V3.2U system update (Mario Kart USA??)
unsure.gif

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Downgrade to 3.2x as x put your region. If you had 3.3E, then downgrade to 3.2E

Steps:
Update to 3.3E
Downgrade to 3.2E
Use Mario Kart, run the update, and Trucha games should work - for me they work.

Why do you people keep downgrading to 2.0/2.1/2.2 I do not know.

l00pz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
skawo96 said:

Steps:
Update to 3.3E
Downgrade to 3.2E
Use Mario Kart, run the update, and Trucha games should work - for me they work.

Because Waninkoko`s Downgrader only contains V2.2 as the latest PAL Firmware.. V3.2 isn`t in the downgrader..
wacko.gif

But if you can tell me how to downgrade to 3.2E I`m glad to hear it from you
biggrin.gif

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
l00pz said:
Does that make any difference then? V3.2U and V3.2E? And it doesn`t matter if I install a U Firmware version on a E system? And what game comes with a V3.2U system update (Mario Kart USA??)
unsure.gif

Unless something has changed that I am not aware of, I would not recommend that you install an NTSC update on your PAL Wii, as it can cause a semi or full brick. Bushing warns about it on this blog entry for his NTSC Semi-brick fix disc...

QUOTEObligatory warning — I have tested this on 3 Wiis and it seemed to work fine, but I can’t make any promises that it won’t brick your Wii. It contains no safeguards; use this ONLY on an NTSC (US) Wii. If you use it on an NTSC/J or Pal Wii, it WILL BRICK you. (If there is a need, I can make similar discs for those systems.)

As for the signing bug being fixed on 3.1 and 3.2E, maybe you are running into a similar problem as the user in the thread below did?

Trucha discs stopped working... on 3.2U

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
l00pz said:
skawo96 said:

Steps:
Update to 3.3E
Downgrade to 3.2E

Because Waninkoko`s Downgrader only contains V2.2 as the latest PAL Firmware.. V3.2 isn`t in the downgrader..
wacko.gif

biggrin.gif
Bullsh*t. Could you use the D-pad? Just scroll down all the time (DOWN ALL THE TIME. Not to the end of the list) and you'll find it...
The later firmwares are invisible until you scroll to them
rolleyes.gif

If you still get the trucha error that means Waninkoko must release downgrader v.2

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
l00pz said:
skawo96 said:

Steps:
Update to 3.3E
Downgrade to 3.2E

wacko.gif

biggrin.gif

Waninkoko downgrader takes IOS back from the nintendo server, it download them so, unless nintendo removed them, they are all available
I wish someday Wanninkoko will *clearly* explain how his tools are working and what they are doing , instead in letting people think they worked with some kind of magic
rolleyes.gif

@samsam12: for god sake, if you don't know what you are talking about, please don't try to help, you are only confusing things more and mixing everything

l00pz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
skawo96 said:
l00pz said:
skawo96 said:

Steps:
Update to 3.3E
Downgrade to 3.2E

wacko.gif

biggrin.gif
Bullsh*t. Could you use the D-pad? Just scroll down all the time (DOWN ALL THE TIME. Not to the end of the list) and you'll find it...
The later firmwares are invisible until you scroll to them
rolleyes.gif

If you still get the trucha error that means Waninkoko must release downgrader v.2

Wtf, stupid me!
mellow.gif
I`m gonna try this then! Thnx for all the info!

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
I think people mistake it for psp where you have to "downgrade to vulnerable firmware to upgrade to firmware you want"

I don't even think it is the wii's firmware anyways but hey....just another stupid psp mixup maybe?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Volkov said:
I think people mistake it for psp where you have to "downgrade to vulnerable firmware to upgrade to firmware you want"

I don't even think it is the wii's firmware anyways but hey....just another stupid psp mixup maybe?
Yeah Wii is starting to be "PSPish"

l00pz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thnx! Got everything working again
biggrin.gif
Stupid of me not to scroll down the list to see that V3.2 also was there
frown.gif