Problem with YSMenu + DSision2 with play GTACW

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by personperson, Apr 5, 2009.

1. personperson
    OP

Newcomer personperson Member

Well exactly as it says in the title. I can load the game fine, but I can only get to the do you want to enable auto save part, then the screens go black and it doesn't do anything. Any ideas?

2. sweenish

Member sweenish GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    the nicest way is to.....

we interrupt this message to bring your attention to the search button because there are probably close to a hundred topics about this same issue

......get the latest usrcheat.dat and use r4cce to enable the cheat. i know dsision2 doesn't support cheats itself (one of the many reasons i don't use it), but it also doesn't launch commercial games and instead relies on ysmenu. so, using r4cce to have the cheat pre-enabled should theoretically still allow you to directly launch gta from dsision2.

although your issue is only slightly different because of dsision2, the solution might not have seemed as obvious, but dsision is just a choppy frontend. if pre-enabling the cheat isn't doing anything for you, try just using ysmenu with the latest cheat.

and for all of this to work, the rom should be clean. as in, no patches.

3. personperson
    OP

Newcomer personperson Member

Sorry, I hadn't really looked past the first few pages, I'll search next time. Thanks for the help anyways, I'll try it out.