Problem with Xkey DVDmenu and HDMI

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by oumoumad, Aug 20, 2015.

1. oumoumad
    OP

oumoumad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2015
    France
    Hi,

So I set up the DVDmenu finally and it works fine, the thing is I was using the 4C cables, and now I switched to HDMI, each time I launch the DVDmenu the screen gets dark for a moment and then my tv says it's not getting any signal.

Anyone ever had this problem before ? any suggested solutions ? or at least any idea what's causing the problem and why does it happen only with HDMI and not the 4C cable ?

PS : when I restart xbox and press eject button again, sometimes the last game that was played using DVDmenu starts directly and works fine. But I still never was able to get the DVDmenu appear with HDMI, only with the 4C.

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    I never succeeded with DVDmenu either.
    I'd say switch to ISOmenu.

3. oumoumad
    OP

oumoumad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2015
    France
    Do you mean you never succeeded DVDmenu at all, or you also had the HDMI problem ?
    I did succeed setting up DVDmenu before, I just don't understand this problem with HDMI, the reason I'm using DVDmenu instead of ISOmenu is because it's quicker and much easier for younger kids to use, since mostly I leave my niece and nephew to play kinect games on my xbox.

Question about ISOmenu : Can you make it show covers of the games and not only the iso names ?

4. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Never got it to work.
    Haven't tried it on component cables nor AV tho.

Nope, ISOmenu is only the names of the folders of the games, no pictures.

oumoumad likes this.
  5. solitaire4eva

solitaire4eva GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2014
    United States
    Everywhere
    Make sure you using a good HDMI cord. Also replace your xkey configuration file with a brand new one with the isomenu marked n and DVDmenu marked y. The configuration file may be corrupted or the HDMi cord could be faulty.

oumoumad likes this.