Problem with XCM ii Hot Rock Case

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by bazamuffin, Jun 22, 2009.

Jun 22, 2009
  1. bazamuffin
    OP

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    I've just installed an XCM ii Hot Rock Case on my wii, not just for the wow factor but for the 'warning of an overheat' feature. The problem I've got is that if I switch the unit on after it being off say overnight, the unit flashes red immediately reading approx 86DegC. After 2 mins or so, the flashing goes to static red and no digital readout. I have to turn the unit off and on a couple of times to get to the light blue stage. Ive emailed XCM and a few retailers asking for advice, but customer support seems to be non-existent. I know the case is designed to function from 20DegC but surely it shouldn't flash Red if its below 20DegC?

2. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    maybe it got rrod? [​IMG] well did you make sure you absolutely installed the case correctly. this mods can be very tricky you only have to fuck up 1 wire or screw and your pretty much screwed yourself. did you follow a guide or just wing it? try contacting these guys they sell them and i've contacted them b4 and got answers. just say you bought one there how are they gonna know? http://www.xecuter.com.au/

3. bazamuffin
    OP

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    I followed installation to the letter. Its as though the units stages are circular if you get my drift. Once the unit falls below 20 as far as its concerned flashing red is the next stage. Once the unit has warmed up it and Ive turned it off and back on, it works fine, it's just when it's cooled that I have the problem. Anyhoos, will give these guys a shot and see what they say, thanks for the tip