Hacking problem with WUP installer (was working but now it isn't)

Roquentin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Recently modded my Wii U (5.5.1U) using Haxchi (not CBHC) and then used WUP installer to install some games. Everything went well and I got a few of them installed perfectly. Most of them prompted me for an update, to which I responded 'no' (I also blocked auto updates before modding the system, following kafluke's guide), and the system gave me an option to play them without the update. Effectively - I modded my Wii U up to step 4 using this guide, i.e. Haxchi / WUP installer (to an external USB HDD) but did not install Haxchi CFW (yet)- which should allow me to install and play game backups.

Now, all of a sudden, a few things are different:

1. when I try to install games using WUP installer, it crashes part way through (first the counter freezes, then my TV screen goes black and displays a 'no signal' sign, and the console seems like its been switched 'off' even though the blue light is on which indicates its actually not). When I turn it back on, I can play what I've already installed, but cant seem to install any more. The point when it crashes seems to differ each time (sometimes quickly, sometimes right near the end) so I don't think its file specific. I've tried changing the file folder name (after reading this post) but that had no impact.

2. Another quirk - one of the games I had installed [NSMBU] that was working, isn't working anymore (its trying to force an update - which fails: Error 105-2406 unable to connect to server). Other games [eg Shovel Knight] I can still play - they give me an option to update, and when I decline, I can just play as is.

Any ideas on what's gone wrong and/or how I can fix this?

Ideally I want to update at some point (normal way, or via spoofing) because I have a few game discs I bought and want to play online (Splatoon & Mario Maker).

infiniter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd say when it crashes during an installation, which is nothing more than writing to the internal flash, then it could be a hardware damage in the memory. That'd also explain the other problems.
If you can find a homebrew tool to check the NAND, then you should give it a go.

Reactions: Roquentin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr