Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I took some videos for a school project, and then I wanted to edit them all and combine them with Windows Live Movie Maker. So I trimmed down some parts and then added some different background music for different parts. I also put in captions and wrote stuff. Everything worked out perfectly from there on. I then decided to want to finish it up tomorrow, so I saved the project. After that just to make sure I reopened the project and I got a huge problem now. The template is still there, but each video is blank, and when I play them its just a black screen. The captions work fine though, but the videos just don't play and so doesn't the audio. Here is a picture so you can see better of how it looks like.

http://imageshack.us/f/543/12953621.png/

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Problem with Windows Movie Maker"
Well there's your problem, you're using Windows Movie Maker :P

Are all the files in the correct places?
I would assume so, how can I check in this program were its even looking for the video sources? Btw this is on Windows 7.

jargus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a codec issue. Install CCCP or K-lite codec Pack. If that doesnt work swtich to better editor like PInnacle Studio or Sony Vegas

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I didn't really need anything fancy and all that, just something that worked. I guess Windows Movie Maker couldn't even do that... I recopied all the files from my laptop to my PC, and then it asked me to put in the source of were the videos were and I selected my folder. Everything loaded up, and its fine now. Thanks for the help everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.