Hacking Problem with Waninkoko's DVD Dumper

grind_monkee23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well basically, my No More Heroes and Resident Evil 4 backup disks have seen better days, so I decided to re-dump them with the DVD dumper via WiFi, so I could patch them and use them on the Backup Launcher.

My problem is that when I drag the .ISO file created by the dumper onto the backup creator, I get a "Could Not Retrieve ISO Info!" error.
The file size is correct (4.37gb) so it's definately dumped the entire disk.

Anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it?
Unfortunately re-dumping from the originals isn't an option because they lie at home and not in my dorm.

Cheers guys!

blu9987

Trophies
Website
www.clan-geno.net
XP
Country
United States
you can backup wii backups with any normal dvd drive. (just not the original game
tongue.gif
)

My guess is that waninkoko's dvd dumper is expecting the scrambled version of the iso (i.e. retail version)? idk im no expert nor have I been around the wii scene in awhile...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
grind_monkee23 said:
Well basically, my No More Heroes and Resident Evil 4 backup disks have seen better days, so I decided to re-dump them with the DVD dumper via WiFi, so I could patch them and use them on the Backup Launcher.

My problem is that when I drag the .ISO file created by the dumper onto the backup creator, I get a "Could Not Retrieve ISO Info!" error.

Unfortunately re-dumping from the originals isn't an option because they lie at home and not in my dorm.

Cheers guys!
There is a backup application in the zip file in my sig - try using that one instead of the one your using.

grind_monkee23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
grind_monkee23 said:

Cheers guys!
There is a backup application in the zip file in my sig - try using that one instead of the one your using.
That's the exact backup app I'm using actually
biggrin.gif

I'll try using DVD Decrypter and post my results later. Again thanks for the help

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:
Does any one knows wich method is fast(est?) WiFi, SD (if found a 5gb), or USB(if find a 5gb)???
speed order:
1. usb
2. sd
3. wifi

guys, if you already have a copied disc of a wii game (backup) you can just use every dvd burning software to create an image. i use imageburn for that. readspeed 4x.

cowboys4life22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im close to making this into a channel, but still need bitmaps for displaying the channel on the wii menu. When you click on the channel you get a custom background, but havent been able to find or make a good display for it. Will keep working on it. Will post if I can find some bitmaps. The channel works perfect. The one other thing I wanted to do is make a return to loader option once program is running, if you wish to exit without manually turning wii off. Thanks to all who make homebrew on the wii so great. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated by all.

cowboys4life22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have made the DVD dumper into a channel, hope everyone likes it. Would have had it uploaded earlier but doing some other stuff. All thanks go to this awesome site, and everyone that has made a tutorial on how to edit this stuff. All I got is a megashares link, but should be no problem. Thanks WiiGator again for all your work with the loader, and continued progress with all wiibrew.

Here is the link to the DVD Dumper channel (or Game Dumper channel as I call it)

http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=0c35df9

Cowboys4life22

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screemer said:
ether2802 said:
Does any one knows wich method is fast(est?) WiFi, SD (if found a 5gb), or USB(if find a 5gb)???
speed order:
1. usb
2. sd
3. wifi

guys, if you already have a copied disc of a wii game (backup) you can just use every dvd burning software to create an image. i use imageburn for that. readspeed 4x.
wait, so i can rip a original wii game with a the use of a usb or a sd card that is over 4gb? how do i do it? i know the usb gecko can do it..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1