Problem with USB loader game forwarders

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by lilarban97, Oct 29, 2011.

Oct 29, 2011
  1. lilarban97
    OP

Newcomer lilarban97 Newbie

United States
    Hello everyone.

The situation:
    I am having trouble with loading games off of my hard drive through the Wii channel wads. Every time I select a game for an ISO off the Wii menu, I get the message saying "Waiting for USB Device:". My USB hard drive is plugged in the left slot currently, and I have tried it on BOTH. These games run fine through USB Load GX from Homebrew, so I don't think the situation is the hard drive itself.

Details:
    -The hard drive I'm using is a 320 Gigabyte Western Digital, and it is recognized by USB Loader GX, but not by the channels I made for the Wii menu.
    -I am trying to install the channels because I am doing this for a 8 year old cousin's Wii, so I don't want him to possibly mess anything up from Homebrew/USB Loader.
    -I have modded my Wii using these exact instructions from Part 2 and below (video description): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhAm1DJSPp4
    You can see the IOS's I have installed from that video description, and I didn't install anything else whatsoever.
    -I made the wads using Loadstructor with ISOs added from WBFS Manager. (cLoader, Anti-002 Fix, cIOS 249)

Things I could possibly think of which can be the problem:
    -Wads were created wrong from Loadstructor (I have common-key.bin already)
    -I haven't installed a cIOS needed to run wads
    -USB hard drive isn't working

2. lilarban97
    OP

United States
    I'm extremely sorry for bumping (don't know if it's against the rules)...
    But does anyone have any idea on what the issue for this might be? You can see which IOS's I have installed just in case I'm missing anything.

3. demonicstrife

Member demonicstrife *INSERTGENERICTITLE*

United States
    Hmm. I would say use Modmii to do a complete reinstall of the necessary and most up-to-date cIOSes, including d2x, which will give you the most compatibility with games and devices.

Your current USB Loader GX is also probably outdated, so make sure you get the latest version of it, or switch to another preferred USB loader such as CFG USB Loader or WiiFlow.

4. lilarban97
    OP

United States
    Thanks a lot for the response, demonicstrife.

I've downloaded and installed ModMii to my computer, now how exactly does this work, I select an option and it automatically makes the SD card? Secondly, which option I choose to reinstall the necessary cIOS's?

As for the outdated USB Loader GX, I updated the USB Loader to the newest one directly from the Wii, so I doubt that's the issue.

5. demonicstrife

Member demonicstrife *INSERTGENERICTITLE*

United States
    On Modmii, you choose an option and it will guide you through a selection of other options for installing IOSes, cIOSes, and software, download them and then set up a folder for you to copy directly to your SD card and install. Treat it as your first time modding the Wii, so at the main menu, type W for the main wizard. When it asks to "re-hack" your Wii, enter Y for Yes, and just follow the directions and prompts. Choose to stick with whatever 4.x system menu you have.

6. lilarban97
    OP

United States
    Alright, so I installed ModMii successfully, and downloaded a pack based on the prompts I was given.
    So now I have this folder pack of all these cIOS/IOS wads, and there's about 52 wads. Do I have to install every one of them one by one in WAD manager?

7. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    i use crap channels, for game disk channels. altough they don't work with wiiflow r4??.. but do work with 355v.. an they will work for gx..
    as far as making a channel that point to the usb loader, those are easy to make, with porta pack, an showmii wads. porta pack will let you change the pics of the channel, then you can use showmii wads to inject the loader dol. an with crap you have an unlimited advantage to bases for your channel. or you can make game channels(for the disc). an leave it. this is how i have mine set up for my 7yr. just click the game channel, an it runs through the usb loader.(kirby's return to dreamland).

8. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    No, MMM(Multi Mod Manager) can install all of them at once. I dont remember how to mark them all.. I think it was 2xA or something.

9. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    use yawmm, the best one there is as far as wad mannagers go (impo) you'll beable to do a batch just use the + button an then a to install the wads.

10. John_Ice

Newcomer John_Ice Advanced Member

Canada
    Ok here a simple solution for you and it's work like a charm...

Use Craps 3.3b (search Google) and do your channel with that....

If your games runs well now with USB Loaders GX, you don't need to update anything....

Run Craps 3.3b on your computer and choose your game ISO or WBFS and you have an option to USB Loader GX Forwarder, here we go... Very simple...

Tell me if all went good !!!

11. lilarban97
    OP

United States
    Alright John_Ice. This process seems much easier.

I made the wads right now, and I'm going to give them to my cousin to install so he can test them out, since I'm trying to help him fix his nephew's Wii. Thanks a lot.

I'll get back to you if it doesn't work.