Problem with USB acknowledging my N-Card

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by rcommee, Jul 29, 2008.

1. rcommee
    OP

rcommee Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2008
    United States
    I have Windows Vista 32 Home Premium
    I have a 1.44 firmware
    I have a slot-2 usb reader. (cord from ds to pc)

I have had connection problems off and for months. Sometimes it takes a computer restart, sometimes it takes a few.

I was wondering if there was some way I could force the USB to recognize my N-Card?

Also I read to never use your N-Card with a MAC, and to never update it with Windows.

So my question is, how do I update my card without Windows or MAC?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. =D

2. leinad

leinad GBAtemp Fan

Apr 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    its 'not recommented' to update it with Windows Vista =/ the card was kinda desingned for XP, so getting it work on other systems is hard...

@Update, As I heard, there is a update way without using a computer, but since Ive traded my N-Card for a DSTT [[​IMG] hell, DSTT sux, the hype it got was without any reason...] I cant say anything about it >.

3. rcommee
    OP

rcommee Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2008
    United States
    Cool. And as for the USB issue?

(Yes, I have tried restarting, unplugging and plugging everything in and out. Have made sure everything is secure.)

What is holding my N-Card back from syncing with my PC?

4. leinad

leinad GBAtemp Fan

Apr 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Hm, are there any other PCs you can test the card =$ ? The card should be recognized w/o problems...
    Also, test it wiith another cable... (The cable I got with the N-Card stopped to work after 2weeks ^^" ) (That cable is used with every second MP3-Player/Digicam ... you hopefully have another one to test)
    And if notghing helps, clean the contacts of the gba linker...

5. rcommee
    OP

rcommee Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2008
    United States
    I CAN test it on another PC, not for a few days, though.

I have used other cables, it's not the cable.

I've also tried pressing the GBA card in really hard, no success.

Cleaning it, though! There's an idea I haven't tried yet. What's the best way to clean them? Q-tip and alcohol?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice