Problem with updating to 4.2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by samusaran2311, Oct 3, 2009.

Oct 3, 2009
  1. samusaran2311
    OP

Newcomer samusaran2311 Member

Canada
    So, I had a wii on 4.1, with HBC and everything. I update HBC, use Waninkoko's 4.2 updater, and find that my HBC is upside-down. So, I accidently delete my HBC. I try to get it back, but apparently my IOS is fake signed (as Bootmii tells me). My friend tries to correct that problem by updating my Wii through Nintendo. I tried taking wyndcrosser's advice on this topic and using IOS downgrader/DOP IOS, but when I try to boot up the ELF through Bannerbomb (the 2.4 version), it just fades to black (like normal), and stays frozen there until I pull it out at the plug. I tried Smash Stack, and it froze at the overflow screen. What should I do?

2. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    well your already on 4.2 so you can update via nintendo then follow my guide.

or you can get IOS 30 from NUSD and install via wad manager.

3. samusaran2311
    OP

Canada
    Right, forgot to mention that little anomaly.

When I tried to use WAD manager, it opened, but after about 5 secs., my Wiimote turned off, and wouldnt turn on until I unplugged the whole Wii. No controllers seemed to work for the WAD manager screen.

EDIT: Also, saw on your guide it says to use Hackmii, but that just tells me I have a fake signed IOS.

4. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
  5. samusaran2311
    OP

Canada
    No, it seems neither controller works. Maybe it's frozen, maybe it's unresponsive, it's hard to tell, but neither controller functions.

6. samusaran2311
    OP

Canada
    I was thinking, is there any way to downgrade without the WAD manager? Also, is there a way to 'force' my Wiimote back on? No button seems to work.

EDIT: Also, should I be using the IOS downgrader, or CIOS (if I can)