Gaming Problem with Ubuntu 11.04!

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the thing, Installed Ubuntu 11.04 as a separate partition to dual boot. I load up my desktop and it ask's which OS I want to boot into...well when I installed it it was from the Ubuntu's disk menu when you first put the disk in.

Here's a pick of that:

Ubuntu-on-Windows.png

Note: I'm running Windows 7 not XP!
tongue.gif

I clicked on the install button and kinda messed up the whole process. I wanted Ubuntu installed as a separate partition and not on the C: Drive. So in short not sure how to fix this? Can I fix this? and should I just delete the Ubuntu 11.04 folders off the C: Drive? or will that cause me more harm then good? If I do that how can I get my Laptop to stop bringing up the dual boot screen?

Any help at all would be great, I come here cause there are people here that are smarter then me when it comes to this type of stuff, Thanks again!

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
If I remember correctly when I had ubuntu installed in windows there was an uninstall option for it from the add/remove software in control panel or in the folder itself that completely removed it.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got rid of it by just deleting the folders from my C: drive and it gave me back the 17GB it used up, now how do you get it to stop showing up when I boot the PC? like I mentioned it shows me Windows 7 and Ubuntu and asks me which I want to boot...I choose windows 7 but I'd like to be able to remove the Ubuntu from ever showing up...Though I intend to try the new beta 2 for Ubuntu 11.10. Also, if the Network Manager doesn't find any WiFi signals how dose one fix that? I had fixed once before but don't remember what it was I did...lol

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Press start button then type msconfig in the search bar & press enter . Then go to the boot tap & remove ubnutu from there .
As for the network manager are you taking about windows or ubnutu? If ubnutu then your wifi drivers need to be installed manually. Just connect it through a lan cable & follow this .

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
This is a very simple fix. Go into the Windows Uninstall Programs list. Find Ubuntu. Uninstall it.

Boot from the disc to create a full installation.

I would suggest waiting a few days as Ubuntu 11.10 is being released soon and you may as well make a full install of that rather than upgrading from 11.04.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
What you should have done:
Installed Ubuntu from the disc, removed the disc, powered off.

What you did:
Installed Ubuntu from the disc, rebooted into Windows.

What you saw was the Wubi part of the Ubuntu disc; this autoboot feature allows Windows users to install Ubuntu on the Windows partition; however, it slows down Ubuntu.

So, go into the Control Panel, Programs and Features, and Uninstall Ubuntu. The Ubuntu on the other partition will be unaffected, and the problem solved!

You're welcome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol