Hacking Problem with the R4 USB Adapter

animalsex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says, every time I put the adapted in my computer it freezes. I know it is the r4 adapter because I can edit my tf card with my ninjapass adapter..I need to fix this though because the ninjapass is going to be returned. I have an nforce3 mobo, and when I install the drivers it says they are not digitally signed (which I am pretty sure is the problem -- the drivers)..so does anyone know a fix for this or am I going to have to buy another SD adapter?

Thanks

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it's shoddy. Just get a proper one from a shop or ebay and be thankful it didn't explode or something
wink.gif

Or get a fullsized SD-card reader which will probably be even cheaper and use the adapter than came with your tf card.

Mine works but looks like it could fall apart at any second. Can't complain though, it's a freebie basically.

EDIT: What OS are you running? You shouldn't really have to install any drivers, if it works it should just make windows go "Bee-boo" in that friendly windows way and let you browse the files.

Other people's problems with the christmas-cracker tf reader can be found here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=42038&st=0

animalsex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using XP pro..I don't think anything I've ever installed hasn't asked me to install drivers..I think that might be an xphome feature maybe?

Slippy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, that's not an xphome feature. Any usb device will install drivers the first time it is plugged in. Most devices, like mice, keyboards, usb flash drives, etc., don't need a separate driver installed because windows has one already. If it's saying the drivers are not signed that is no problem either. Just click ok to let them install.

animalsex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that's not an xphome feature. Any usb device will install drivers the first time it is plugged in. Most devices, like mice, keyboards, usb flash drives, etc., don't need a separate driver installed because windows has one already. If it's saying the drivers are not signed that is no problem either. Just click ok to let them install.
That is what I did..and it doesn't work.....any time I connect anything to my computer I have to install drivers..the only thing windows does for me is search for them. Maybe I configured it that way awhile ago, maybe it is one of the default added security features of xp pro, I don't remember. Either way, I am going to get a new minisd adapter. Thanks guys.

amx

Trophies
XP
Country
I use XP-Pro and just plugged the USB adapter in with the memory card already inserted.

Immediately recognised it as a usb mass storage device and installed it without the need for drivers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.