Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well this is the problem

I use switch2uneek to load my emulated nand
My emulated nand loads..
then I try to use a channel (homebrew filter for example) installed in my emulated nand
then I have a black screen
,,,I press power button to shut down (wii turns off)
...then I do the same thing to turn on the wii
... Homebrew filter loads..
whats the problem of my emulated nand? or whats the problem with switch2uneek?

thanks in advance!

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have seen this problem before, and it's an issue with the harddisk under neek environment. During the launch of a channel, the ios is reloaded.
In case of neek, this means that the usb ports are reset and the harddisk needs to enumerate again. The id of the channel to launch is stored in a file on the (emulated) nand. As the system was hanging when the ios got reloaded, the channel id is still in that file upon the next launch of neek. So, it launches straight into that channel instead of the system menu.

I think in my case it happend with the western digital my pasport usb 3.0 drive. You can clearly see debug messages coming from the usb port after the ios got reloaded (if you have an usb gecko). Right now, I don't think there is a solution.

shadowXtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have seen this problem before, and it's an issue with the harddisk under neek environment. During the launch of a channel, the ios is reloaded.
In case of neek, this means that the usb ports are reset and the harddisk needs to enumerate again. The id of the channel to launch is stored in a file on the (emulated) nand. As the system was hanging when the ios got reloaded, the channel id is still in that file upon the next launch of neek. So, it launches straight into that channel instead of the system menu.

I think in my case it happend with the western digital my pasport usb 3.0 drive. You can clearly see debug messages coming from the usb port after the ios got reloaded (if you have an usb gecko). Right now, I don't think there is a solution.

then is hardisk incompatibility...
Ok then.. Im going to use Uneek Only then

Because using just uneek, without loading it with switch2uneek, works flawlessly -_-
but using it, the wad problem happens..

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Strange, the issue I have seen happened no matter how you launched into neek or used neek.
switch2neek is an older method to use multiple nands in neek. It's based upon renaming the nand folders.
The better method now is using neek2o. It allows the nand folders to be in a subfolder of the disc.
It's even possible to switch from one nand to another without leaving neek environment.
As a bonus, it can play game backups from the harddisk as wbfs files, the same format used by most usb loaders.

shadowXtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Strange, the issue I have seen happened no matter how you launched into neek or used neek.
switch2neek is an older method to use multiple nands in neek. It's based upon renaming the nand folders.
The better method now is using neek2o. It allows the nand folders to be in a subfolder of the disc.
It's even possible to switch from one nand to another without leaving neek environment.
As a bonus, it can play game backups from the harddisk as wbfs files, the same format used by most usb loaders.

interesting.. can i install neek20 with sneek/uneek installer? or well, how can I install neek2o?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The easiest way is using modmii and following it's tutorial. I think it also uses the sneek/uneek installer. It just uses the neek2o elf files.

Not much changes compared to a normal neek setup.

The sneek folder will have the other kernel.bin and di.bin. diconfig.bin is not compatible with the normal neek setup. So, you can simply rename the sneek folder so that you can restore it in case you don't like neek2o.

Neek2o can be launched by an application or a channel and doesn't need the sd card. So, if you changed the sd card bootmii folder for your neek setup, you should ename that as well. (Or restore it to the normal bootmii files so that bootmii works again.)

The nand folders go in subfolders of the nands folder. So your nand structure becomes nands/nand01/yyyy

yyyy are all the nand folders that are now on the root of your disk (Title, ticket, sys, shared1, shared2, import, meta, wfs, tmp, ...)

The nands are compatible. So the one you are using now should work for neek2o as well.

shadowXtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The easiest way is using modmii and following it's tutorial. I think it also uses the sneek/uneek installer. It just uses the neek2o elf files.

Not much changes compared to a normal neek setup.

The sneek folder will have the other kernel.bin and di.bin. diconfig.bin is not compatible with the normal neek setup. So, you can simply rename the sneek folder so that you can restore it in case you don't like neek2o.

Neek2o can be launched by an application or a channel and doesn't need the sd card. So, if you changed the sd card bootmii folder for your neek setup, you should ename that as well. (Or restore it to the normal bootmii files so that bootmii works again.)

The nand folders go in subfolders of the nands folder. So your nand structure becomes nands/nand01/yyyy

yyyy are all the nand folders that are now on the root of your disk (Title, ticket, sys, shared1, shared2, import, meta, wfs, tmp, ...)

The nands are compatible. So the one you are using now should work for neek2o as well.

then I can use Sneek installer, and the nands are stored
almost like switch2uneek...

well there is a file called esmodule_sdon.elf en the neek2o zip fille
and an esmodule.elf alone

The first must be to enable the sd card
the second Is to do the oposite..
and I can rename the esmodule_sdon.elf to esmodule.elf, in order to install the esmodule with sd card enabled,,
am I wrong? -__-

poloaa008

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like your topic, looks great
sun.jpg

moon.jpg

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
the esmodule_sdon.elf allows other programs to access the sd card on a sneek(2o) setup.
Normally, on sneek(2o), the ios controls the sd card for it's emulated nand. On uneek(2o), the ios controls the usb drive for it's emulated nand.
Due to that, most homebrew can't access those devices anymore. The normal esmodule.elf makes the homebrew think that there is no sd card in the system. The esmodule_sdon.elf allows access to the sd card. (only for reads if I remember well.)

To get rid of those issues, we designed the uneek_usb_fs library. If a homebrew is compiled with that library, it has access again to the harddisk (in uneek2o) and the sd card (in sneek2o)

Not many homebrew developpers already use it. Postloader and the latest homebrew filter are examples of how things are suposed to work in an ideal world.
I started to port some emulators as well, and even had a working version of wiixplorer. I am a bit short in time right now to continue my work on that.

http://code.google.com/p/janeek/

this contains the start of my work.

Also note that the priiloader modified for neek2o works fine in the neek2o environment.

http://code.google.com/p/custom-di/source/checkout

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Really interesting reading..

I had been using a simple sneek setup with its folders and my nand folders on the root of my SD card, then launching it using switch2 app.

The only thing I would have preferred was nand inside a nand folder like neek2o, so reading the discussion above, is this one of the differences between sneek and uneek?

Can sneek only read nand folders from the root?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The difference between sneek(2o) and uneek(2o) is that:

sneek(2o) get's the emulated nand folders from the sd card.
uneek(2o) get's the emulated nand folders from your usb drive.

The major differences between neek and neek(2o)

neek2o allows the use of the nand folders from a subfolder of the root. So it's no longer needed to do renaming if you intend to use multiple nands.
neek2o di can launch game backups from the usb drive wbfs folder in wbfs format. You don't need to extract the games first. The neek games folder
with fst extracted games still works as well.
neek2o is compatible with a modified version of priiloader. All priiloader features can be used.
neek2o can use the uneek_usb_fs library to give homebrew access to the harddisk and sd card under uneek. It does this by rerouting the disc calls
to isfs calls which are handeled into the fs routine.
uneek2o can be launched without an sd card in the wii. It can also be used without compatibility issues with the bootmii folder on the sd card. (It's no longer needed) (So launching bootmii launches bootmii and not neek...)

caution:
sneek2o + di latest revision has a bug that prevents it from working in some occasions. I can pm you an older working version if that is your preferred setup.

shadowXtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I Finally loaded neeek2o and I played wads
but...
after that I installed 300 wads on my emu nand
and I got black screen...

I need to know need2o wad limit.. u_u