problem with supercard and godzilla rom

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Dragonlord, Jul 16, 2006.

Jul 16, 2006
  1. Dragonlord
    OP

Member Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue

Featured Posts:
    Switzerland
    on the supercard page it states that the two godzilla roms for gba ( 0841 - Godzilla Domination (U), 0714 - Godzilla Domination (E) ) work with the Supercard but for some reason if i load them it always says "patch failed" and the rom is unplayable. all other gba roms i tried do work, only those two not. what am i doing wrong? do i need to rename them? or is something else broken?

2. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Although you didn’t say, but I’m assuming your running the latest
    patching software? When it comes to GBA sometimes patching with
    v 2.53 gives you better luck.

3. Dragonlord
    OP

Featured Posts:
    Switzerland
    i'm not sure about this one. i updated two weeks ago before i went to service ( no internet over there ) so i'm not sure if they already packed in an update. i downloaded the latest and will try next week when i have the windows pc on my fingers.

4. Dragonlord
    OP

Featured Posts:
    Switzerland
    managed to try things out today with latest kernel and software for the supercard but still the same result. the rom results in beeing loaded large and yields white screen. i disabled all options that could play bogus, no result.

any more ideas?

5. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

Featured Posts:
    United States
    That rom works just fine on my Supercard CF. I remember beating the game because it was so easy.

6. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

Featured Posts:
    United States
    I had this problem a while back on the EZ Flash 3. It seemed to think Godzilla required a save patch and when it patched the game it would get stuck before the game started. The game wouldn't freeze but it wouldn't accept any button input. The solution was to set the save patch to none in the flashing software. So if there is an option in the SC software do that. Otherwise just write the game to the cart without running it through the software because it doesn't have a save so it should operate fine without patching.